MK III Controls

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John_not_Pet

Reaction score
On paper, the controls on the Mark III seem REALLY complicated. Is it actually that bad in person?

John_not_Pet said:
On paper, the controls on the Mark III seem REALLY complicated. Is it actually that bad in person?
LOL
No not really. If you understand the cascading gain of the Mark series it's not all that hard to dial in what you're looking to get

gts said:
LOL
No not really. If you understand the cascading gain of the Mark series it's not all that hard to dial in what you're looking to get
Just as the quote. The biggest mistake non-Mesa players do when dialing or try to dial in a mesa is that the bass control is too high. On a mark series the rule is as this, the more gain the less bass. If you use a lot of gain, you can start with the bass on "0" and then raise it as much as you need until if starts to flub. The rest of the bass needed you add with the GEQ.

gts wrote:
LOL

Just as the quote. The biggest mistake non-Mesa players do when dialing or try to dial in a mesa is that the bass control is too high. On a mark series the rule is as this, the more gain the less bass. If you use a lot of gain, you can start with the bass on "0" and then raise it as much as you need until if starts to flub. The rest of the bass needed you add with the GEQ.

_________________ I agree. Use ears, not eyes.

It's pretty easy to search for great sounding settings online. I just went through a handfull or so settings and picked a couple that I really liked for various usages. Back in the pre-internet days these amps were a bit more of a hassle to deal with. It really isn't bad now though.

Just as the quote. The biggest mistake non-Mesa players do when dialing or try to dial in a mesa is that the bass control is too high. On a mark series the rule is as this, the more gain the less bass. If you use a lot of gain, you can start with the bass on "0" and then raise it as much as you need until if starts to flub.

This.

Back