Scored an AMAZING deal on a Roadster Dual Rectifier 2x12!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW :shock: That is a deal for the ages! Congrats man! I have the head and paid a grand more than you did and was happy with that.

I love this amp and I think you will too.

Have fun

caustic69 said:
WOW :shock: That is a deal for the ages! Congrats man! I have the head and paid a grand more than you did and was happy with that.

I love this amp and I think you will too.

Have fun

Thanks Caustic69.

I've really been working with all the channels to try out of a lot of different tones.

It really is an amazing amp with so many tonal options.

It might never leave my home studio, but it will get used a lot for home recordings.

At the price you paid, I wouldn't consider selling it unless I got WAY more for it and could maybe fund a head. I'd keep it and leave it at home to play. That's the problem. The heads are bringing more than the combos because people seem to be souring on lugging around huge heavy combos. There is one local Mesa dealer near me that just got Mesa a year ago when another local chain went out of business. They moved a bunch of stock here from a store in another town. They have 2 Roadster or Road King 2x12 combos and 2 Electra Dyne combos. All of them are 3-5 years old manufacture dates, but new, never sold. The guy I deal with there said that he could have sold every one of them 5 times if they were heads. He said someone comes in, plays one, loves it, wants it, then tries to move it and says they want a head/cab instead.

He also told me one guy literally said "I'll take it." As he went to the front of the store and started to get information and check the guy out, they guy gave him a credit card and it was already run through and everything. Then the guy walked back and went to get the amp and bring it up to the counter. He said the guy got the funniest look on his face. He said "I'm not going to haul this around to play gigs with. I have a head for that. But if it's so heavy I can't even get it home, I can't buy it."

I know in the old days guys hauled full stacks around. But no one piece was as heavy as some of these combos. And, those guys are OLD now! :lol:

Dreamtheaterrules said:
At the price you paid, I wouldn't consider selling it unless I got WAY more for it and could maybe fund a head. I'd keep it and leave it at home to play. That's the problem. The heads are bringing more than the combos because people seem to be souring on lugging around huge heavy combos. There is one local Mesa dealer near me that just got Mesa a year ago when another local chain went out of business. They moved a bunch of stock here from a store in another town. They have 2 Roadster or Road King 2x12 combos and 2 Electra Dyne combos. All of them are 3-5 years old manufacture dates, but new, never sold. The guy I deal with there said that he could have sold every one of them 5 times if they were heads. He said someone comes in, plays one, loves it, wants it, then tries to move it and says they want a head/cab instead.

He also told me one guy literally said "I'll take it." As he went to the front of the store and started to get information and check the guy out, they guy gave him a credit card and it was already run through and everything. Then the guy walked back and went to get the amp and bring it up to the counter. He said the guy got the funniest look on his face. He said "I'm not going to haul this around to play gigs with. I have a head for that. But if it's so heavy I can't even get it home, I can't buy it."

I know in the old days guys hauled full stacks around. But no one piece was as heavy as some of these combos. And, those guys are OLD now! :lol:

I hear what you're saying DTR's.

I've already decided to leave it in the home studio and let it be the great sounding amp that covers a lot of tonal ground.

It'll be my ALL-STAR go to amp.

I realized there's no sense in spending money in getting head shell.

I'm just going to accept it for what it is.

Latest posts

Back