MarkIIB to IIc conversion mod, any advice??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iggyward

Reaction score
Hi Everybody, I've just found this forum in my search for info on modding my old markIIB to IIc (or C+) specs. Can anyone give me info on how to go about it? I can read a schematic and handle a soldering iron but I'd love to get a detailed "how-to" on the conversion. I got this amp well used 30 years ago and it has been gigging hard all this time, 3-5 gigs every week, had a few falls but never let me down. Any help much appreciated.

From my understanding the parts are no longer available , You used to be able to send them to Mesa for the mod

The "Post FX Level" mod is going to be as close that you will get. I have played a couple of the IIB amps with this done to them, and they sound mighty fine. You will need to send the amp to Petaluma to get it done, but it's worth every penny.

gts said:
JB are the IIB's more Blackface Fender like in the way they sound and respond?
I don't know about "Blackface" as the only one that I have ever used was an old Bassman, and that was over 30 years ago. What I will say is that the rhythm channel on the IIB was very nice, a bit more rounded sounding than the C+. The attack was not as immediate. With the "Post FX Level" mod, the lead channel was nice and smooth, a-la Santana. If you are wanting a heavily disorted lead channel for playing sharp, biting rhythm licks, get a Mark III, and be done with it. We have been down this road before, about the Mark III vs. C+ if I remember correctly. :roll:

JOEY B. said:
gts said:
If you are wanting a heavily disorted lead channel for playing sharp, biting rhythm licks, get a Mark III, and be done with it. We have been down this road before, about the Mark III vs. C+ if I remember correctly. :roll:

Not with me ;-)

gts said:
JOEY B. said:
gts said:
If you are wanting a heavily disorted lead channel for playing sharp, biting rhythm licks, get a Mark III, and be done with it. We have been down this road before, about the Mark III vs. C+ if I remember correctly. :roll:

Not with me ;-)

Oh, I know, but with a few others. 8)

Back