Roadster - out of production

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with LesPaul70 on the combo. I had the 2x12 RK2 but I scored a custom red RK2 head at GC online and so I sold the 2x12 combo. Great amp but hell to get in the car. I have a 4x12 and a 2x12 Recto and a closed back red RK 4x12 which I got that im not using. I may sell it. I was expecting it to be the usual open back with 2v30 and 2c90. It had 4c90 but I had a pair of CB75 what I swapped out two with same as my other 4x12. For some reason I just dont love that one like my regular one. May actually sell it and use the 2x12 for playing out if need be.

Problem is, Mesa amps are built to last a lifetime. How many repeat customers will there be if they already have the amp they want. Sure I had thoughts about getting a second one, same for the TC-50 and the JP-2C. I already have two RA100s. One was bought as a trade-in since I did not like the Stiletto Deuce Stage 1 I ordered online from GC.

LesPaul70 said:
(Of course wishing I'm totally wrong and they'll just come up with a Roadster II soon...)

Roadster II with four independent control sets where you can assign any ch mode/rectifier select/wattage/simul-class to any control set and recall them as preset in set of fours (as amp preset) or channel by channel via midi :D that I could buy... also preamps would include Lonestar/ED/recto...

Having the midi controller (well you will get channel switching at least) would be great. Not sure if you will get a switchable silicon/tube rectifier selection or even a switchable power 100W/50W. The midi on the JP and the TC-50 will do a few things but not save any settings on the controls. Also with the TC-50 it will not change from clean/drive, normal/tight on Hi/Lo channels. The only toggle switch functions the midi controls would be reverb, FX loop and channels (shred in the case of the JP). However to do it right with the Roadster or even the Roadking you would need to add the progressive linkage, FX loop 1 or 2, and the rectifier selection with power switch.

Just wonder what will be next in the Rectifier line....if anything..

Back