Rectoverb Handle Replacement

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheYuj

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Brand new to the board. I'm hoping someone here will have an answer for me.

I have a Rectoverb head. I just got done piecing my rack together, and when I went to put it up top, I ran into the problem of the handle getting in the way of my rack sitting flush. I'm using an SKB rotoX.

I never had this problem with my Single Rectifier Solo, and I realized it's because the leather handle on the rectoverb won't sit flush.

The question is, would you suggest getting the rubber handle the rest of the rectifier series uses, and just drilling new holes in the housing? (This will not be a huge issue with me) or is there any other way to get the rack to sit flush?

That handle looks like the "heavy Duty" handle that mesa boogie uses, and I don't think there is really any way to get it to sit flush. The mounting hardware is also a bunch higher.

You would probably want to replace it with the rubber sleeve type handle that usually is on heads. Its not as fancy as the stitched leather style, but it definitely has a far lower profile.

For that you would need to drill two new holes for the different mounting hardware.

Thanks. That's what I was thinking. Drilling the new mounting holes won't be a big issue, and the handle needed to be replaced anyway. I bought it used, and the leather was all rotted away. It's held together by electrical tape as is. On top of the lower profile, it's a significantly cheaper handle.

It is, and honestly I think it was more of an aesthetic choice to put it on that head, as it does look better. However, it's less utilitarian than the old standby rubber covered steel strap.

what if you just put some tall rubber feet on the bottom of the rack so it clears the handle?

The rubber feet idea was brought up, but with the height of the handle, they would need to be 3-4 inch feet. I'd start to worry about balance issues, and it would just look dumb.

thunda1216 said:
what if you just put some tall rubber feet on the bottom of the rack so it clears the handle?
Replacing the rubber feet on a molded plastic rack can often be a Pain, as they are usually just riveted on. Replacing the handle is probably the easier solution.

I used rubber doorstops to get enough clearance, depends how easy it is to take the feet off the rack unit if that's a good option for yours.

Thanks guys. For the time being, I put the rack between the cab and head, but my OCD is going to get me sooner or later, and I'll spring for a new handle.

Latest posts

Back