Tele love

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a made in Japan hollow with a Humbucker in the neck. Love that guitar. I did not love my American 1957 (I think) copy or something

I used to have a 2008 American Standard in Blizzard Pearl. The gloss fingerboard eventually got to me, as I prefer rosewood. The tone and feel were incredible though, so I searched and searched to find a replacement.

tele1.jpg

I found it in a 2011 American Standard in three color burst with a rosewood fretboard. Found one pretty much unused on reverb, complete with all the case candy:

2011tele1.jpg

tbonesullivan said:
I found it in a 2011 American Standard in three color burst with a rosewood fretboard. Found one pretty much unused on reverb, complete with all the case candy:

2011tele1.jpg

She's a beaut! I just picked up my first rosewood board Tele, an American Special. My other Tele is a stock MIM with maple board, but it positively shrieks under moderate gain if you have the guitar volume knob all the way up. That's part of the reason I like it (I am more MC5 and Rage oriented when it comes to Teles), but I wanted something beefier, and the American delivers. It has Texas Special pickups, which are much fuller sounding, and the rosewood helps tame the highs.

Strangely, the neck on the MIM is actually much thinner than the USA and is blazing fast! The Special is definitely no baseball bat, but is a little thick for my taste (not enough to be a problem). The MIM is outgoing, and my next Tele will absolutely be another USA with a maple board and possibly an unfinished ash body. I used to think I could get snappy clean sounds from my other guitars, but the Tele blows 'em all away in that area!

Latest posts

Back