Do any of you play the drums, or am I the only one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was not the verge of getting another drum set, Tama Starclassic Performer B/B 5 pc shell pack with an extra 8 inch to go with it. The Maple Gretsch kit is nice but waned something a bit warmer in tone. The Evans hydraulic heads sounded great until I got another snare drum. Wound up with some new heads to try out, Remo Emperor Suede heads. Now those give me the tone I was hoping for. The hydraulic heads were worth while but the Emperor White Suede heads are a much better choice for me at the moment. Also first time I was able to get a 2B on the 16 tom where it did not sound like you were striking a paper bag. Still prefer a 2C#. Had to get the Mesa TC-50 and put off the next drum set for next year if at all.

The Remo Emperor heads were the ticket to awesome drum tone. I prefere the stock head on the Ludwig snare drum though.
I did find almost local music shop in NC (2 hour drive) that had the Tama set I was interested in but in a different color. I did not care much for the moving floor tom. The tom suspension system also was not to my liking. I guess I made the right choice to get the Mesa TC-50 after all. Plus the money I was saving for the Tama drum set was enough to get another killer guitar that I found by chance. Kiesel DC600 with piezo Floyd Rose bridge. I am extremely impressed with it. I may get around to adding a few more items to the drum set I have now. A 24 inch kick drum would be interesting or perhaps an 18 inch. Wonder what is available that would match the set I have now. Will have to check. May even get a set of roto toms since I am a big fan of Pink Floyd and there are a few songs that use them.

Latest posts

Back