help me choose a Cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seanseanhd

Reaction score
currently running a dual Rectifier and some times i switch it up to 6505+ head been using a Marshall MX 4x12 should i go with mesa 4x12 or mesa 2x12.

Does the dual rec head fit on the 2x12 vertical measurements are smaller than the head?

I think either would be a good improvement over the MX412. They are made of MDF, with average speakers. You'll probably get a better sound with the MB Cabinets.

I would say go with the 4x12, as that is what are you are used to. But the 2x12 wide would also sound good. It just would require possibly a stand for the head.

Definitely 4X12 if you can afford, move, and accommodate it. You can't beat a 4X12 for pushing some air. If you go with the 2X12, I prefer the horizontal model over the vertical one. I gigged a vertical 2X12 once, sold it immediately after.

tbonesullivan said:
I think either would be a good improvement over the MX412. They are made of MDF, with average speakers. You'll probably get a better sound with the MB Cabinets.

I would say go with the 4x12, as that is what are you are used to. But the 2x12 wide would also sound good. It just would require possibly a stand for the head.

Is the outer shell of the Marshall also MDF now? I know the first "engineering revision" Marshall made was to use MDF for all cabinet backs across their whole line. The next one was using MDF for cabinet back AND baffle boards. I guess those CPA Audio engineers at Marshall formulated MDF worked for whole thing. I guess The Sound Of Rock N Roll equates to no better than a local kid home made car stereo speaker box to THUMP THUMP THUMP if what you say is true.

I think I like the idea of a 4x12 but for gigging I would tell you horizontal 2x12 unless you have a good way to load a 4x12 and move it around. I have one of each and the cool factor of the 4x12 and sound is great, but playing out 2x12 is way more practical to handle. I wouldnt buy a horizontal one that your head hangs over. I got a dead mint oversized cab 4x12 for 465 +100 shipping on reverb.com. The deals are there. Dont be afraid to make an offer also as most sellers price higher if they take offers assuming they will negotiate down. I certainly do. Peter

Back