JP2C, SM57, and 2I2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harambe

Reaction score
First of all, I would like to state that I am in fact a "newb" in matters of recording. Right now I have an SM57 mic in front of my JP2C speakers, xlr cable going from the mic to the 2i2 (input 1), and the two outs of the 2i2 into 2 Yamaha 50M. I already set the input and output of my computer with the 2i2. I can definitely record with this set up, and everything seems to be working fine, but is there a way that I can listen to the sound of my amplifier coming from the Mesa speakers and the yamahas at the same time?

Thank you,

I tried to figure this out. First, I'm thinking the 2i2 is a pre-amp of some sort and the Yamaha 50M is a speaker, right? Second, I wondering what computer software and latency issues your computer or recorder may have and what they are? I'm thinking latency could be involved, that's been my hang up with computer stuff.

You should be able to. The 2i2 has monitor outs (line level outs).

You probably need to flick a switch/toggle within the Focusrite software (or your DAW software) or a hardware toggle to activate monitor in/out.

Also check Windows OS (I'm assuming Windows) for the computers default 'Playback and 'Recording'. From the Fosusrite 2i2 manual it states:

"Your OS should automatically switch the computer’s default audio inputs & outputs to the Scarlett 2i2. To verify this go to: Start > Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage Audio Devices and ensure that ‘Default Playback’ and ‘Recording’ are set to ‘Scarlett 2i2’"

There's also other information in the manual regarding setup in the manual. Read through it in case you've missed anything during the setup.

-B

Back