RKII 6L6 Positions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm just checking something with you all. I wanted to replace the tubes in my RKII head but I was wondering are the 6L6's just placed in a matched pair in positions 1 & 2 and 3&4? Or are they placed 1 & 4 and 2 and 3? I know its that way on the dual and triple rec's but I thought it was different on the Road King's for some reason.

Many thanks
Paul

paulg2uk said:
Hi guys,

I'm just checking something with you all. I wanted to replace the tubes in my RKII head but I was wondered are the 6L6's just placed in a matched pair in positions 1 & 2 and 3&4? Or are they placed 1 & 4 and 2 and 3? I know its that way on the dual and triple rec's but I thought it was different on the Road King's for some reason.

Many thanks
Paul
Yes, the RK powertube layout is different from the Dual & Triple Rectos. The pairs are:
6L6 - 6L6 | 6L6 - 6L6 | EL34 - EL34

Pair 1 | Pair 2 | Pair 3

Dom

domct203 said:
paulg2uk said:
Hi guys,

I'm just checking something with you all. I wanted to replace the tubes in my RKII head but I was wondered are the 6L6's just placed in a matched pair in positions 1 & 2 and 3&4? Or are they placed 1 & 4 and 2 and 3? I know its that way on the dual and triple rec's but I thought it was different on the Road King's for some reason.

Many thanks
Paul
Yes, the RK powertube layout is different from the Dual & Triple Rectos. The pairs are:
6L6 - 6L6 | 6L6 - 6L6 | EL34 - EL34

Pair 1 | Pair 2 | Pair 3

Dom

Thanks for the reply, I thought that was correct. Great now I can re tube now without worrying if I've done it correctly. I did check with boogie as well and they have confirmed the same thing with a diagram. I thought I'd post it in case anyone wanted to know the same info.

Cheers

Paul

domct203 said:
Mesa's customer service is awesome!

Dom

Yep I couldn't agree more they know their products inside and out. I been a Boogie player since 94" and I'm always interested to see what they will do next.

Latest posts

Back