Blackfaced rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blizzard Beast

Reaction score
What is the difference between blackfaced rectifiers and 'other' editions? When I googled for preferred version of the dual rectifier, the term blackfaced kept popping up. I'm curious what the actual difference is (apart from looks) in both sound and used material. Is it a myth or is there an actual difference? If so, is the difference the same when talking about triple rectifiers?

Atm I have someone offering a triple rectifier blackfaced Rev F form 92. without a fixed asking price. What would an reasonable price be? I'm in europe. That might make this question tricky. 8)

The only difference is cosmetic. The 'blackface' recto is a bit more rare, but there is no sonic difference between a blackface or standard dress Rectifier of the same circuit revision.

Ok thanx for clearing that out, so soon. Any idea what a reason price would be for a triple rec rev F 92?

Blizzard Beast said:
Ok thanx for clearing that out, so soon. Any idea what a reason price would be for a triple rec rev F 92?

Not sure about a Triple but I recently purchased a '92 Dual Rev F in excellent condition on eBay for $1100 about month ago, low serial # of R-09xx. They are usually between $1200-$1800 depending on condition from what I've seen. I guess I got a good deal on mine and I love it, couldn't be happier with this amp.

Back