Rectoverb 25, lost significant amount of gain in Ch2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordgoldwand

Reaction score
As the title says, I switched to Channel 2 today for the first time in a week or so, and it has lost nearly all of its balls. Both 10/25w, vintage and modern, I have to turn the gain past 3-4 o'clock to get what I used to at 11. I spend most of my time in Ch1 Pushed mode, and it still sounds great. I figured this is probably a tube issue, though not completely sure. If it is, does it sound like power tubes or pre-amp tubes? I bought it new about a year or so ago, but it looks like it was actually made in 2014, so it probably got demo'd a lot at my local dealer before I got it. To my knowledge it still has original tubes.

Thanks!

lordgoldwand said:
As the title says, I switched to Channel 2 today for the first time in a week or so, and it has lost nearly all of its balls. Both 10/25w, vintage and modern, I have to turn the gain past 3-4 o'clock to get what I used to at 11. I spend most of my time in Ch1 Pushed mode, and it still sounds great. I figured this is probably a tube issue, though not completely sure. If it is, does it sound like power tubes or pre-amp tubes? I bought it new about a year or so ago, but it looks like it was actually made in 2014, so it probably got demo'd a lot at my local dealer before I got it. To my knowledge it still has original tubes.

Thanks!
This is most likely a preamp tube issue, I would suspect V3 or V2.

Dom

Back