Do I own the last SOB made?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

royalrider33

Reaction score
I'm not totally serious, but mine is sharpie dated 11/85 with a SN of 2414.
Even the Mesa site gives the SOB range only up to S 2390.
So I am wondering how mine is after that.
There is also SOB 46 on each end of the chassis.
The inspectors were MB of course, Kaydee, Tina and PK.
I searched the board for clues, but if anyone has more info, chime in.
Thanks! Mike

Week 46 would be in mid November and that falls in line with your 11/85 date. The Mesa site has S.O.B production running through 12/85 so yours falls within that range as well. Not sure about the serial number. You'd think there were more being created throughout December so I don't know why your serial would be later. Maybe someone at Mesa Boogie would know, but it has been 32 years at this point. Good luck either way and enjoy the amp.

Thanks...I did send Mesa my details asking for some more info.
One thing I forgot to ask, and cannot find yet, there are 2 things on the back panel that I am not sure about.
An unidentified 1/4 inch input and a dial 1-10 next to it. I just picked this amp up and have not had a chance to put it though it's paces yet, but those 2 rear panel items have me stumped. Any idea what they are?
Thanks again...

Do they look original? I ordered an SOB when they first came out - and I don't recall them having that in the back.

Could someone have added a "slave out" to it perhaps?

It totally looks like a slave out. There some wicked customization choices back then.
I would post a pic but not sure how. (Newbie)

Latest posts

Back