Fractal Audio FX8 - anyone else using one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MusicManJP6

Reaction score
I've been GASing for this unit since it was announced a few years ago, but the cost was too prohibitive for me to justify. They recently blew out their B-stock for $999, and I couldn't resist any longer. I sold my TC pedalboard to fund it, and almost broke even. This thing rocks! It can do pretty much anything. The real deal breaker of my old setup was that it was not flexible enough for my needs once I started running stereo with the addition of a Mini Rec I picked up from a friend for cheap. The FX8 solved all my problems/limitations I was running into with the Nova System, and added additional effect quality on top of that. The first thing I noticed was how transparent it is compared to my old setup. I've never had such pristine tone with FX in the chain!

I'll post a pic later, but wanted to see if anyone else has gone the way of the FX8 for their pedalboard. It is the real deal.

I have had a FX8 for a couple of months now. Never really used much in the way of effects but decided I wanted to mess about with them some. The reviews were stellar and it really was one of the cheapest ways to get a lot of high quality effects to try. So far I've pretty much just made huge ambient effects to play with. I am impressed with the unit, but then again I never used many pedals so I had no preconceived notions about how certain things should sound.

I have it set up with the humbuster cables and it is dead quiet through a Mark IIC+ I haven't hooked it up to the Mark IV yet to see how well they play together.

Just ordered one, haven't gotten it in the mail yet. any issues with connection? Four cord method? i'll be using it with my Dual Rec.

Sorry for the delay responding. No issues with connections at all. I'm using 7CM since I'm running in stereo.

How's it sounding so far?

Anyone tried this as an effects unit AND amp switch? It's on my short list of effects possibilities

MusicManJP6 said:
Sorry for the delay responding. No issues with connections at all. I'm using 7CM since I'm running in stereo.

How's it sounding so far?

Good to hear, Just ordered one myself! :) Thank you!

Back