MESA/Boogie Guitar Amp Timeline Project

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

s-fresh

Reaction score
I've started a little project putting together an interactive timeline of every MESA/Boogie guitar amp offered. I might do bass amps and other products at some point, but I am most interested in guitar amps and it's already a big list to tackle. So far I have 86 products added to the list and most have production dates. I have a small amount of information added for the Mark III but not much else. It is cool to see everything in one big timeline. I could use some feedback from anyone who is interested.

Quick preview with Mark III info:
http://mesa.umig.org/boogie-timeline/#event-mark-iii

I don't really know how far to go. Linking to basic information is easy. Finding a photo for each is easy. I could also add a little more detailed information on each model but that can be quite a rabbit hole. Any opinions on that the right mix of information might be for each model?

I could really use some information on how to potentially combine some of these "other" amps. I am mostly familiar with the Mark series, but there are a ton of other amps. I was able to draw some connections between the Studio, Caliber, Nomad, and F-Series but not sure which others could be grouped. I know the Rectifier series has a ton of amps and I think I got them all grouped. I am not sure about other people, but I am on a 15" laptop so it's tough to see a lot of the models with so many groups only offering a few amps in a small year ranges. Would there be any shame sticking a few of the smaller ranges into an "other" category in the name of space savings?

Anyone know the production dates for the DC-10?
Anyone know when they stopped making the Studio Preamp?
I know it's hard to see, but did I miss any models?

Anyone interested in helping out can send a note or contribute information/data entry here:
https://github.com/umig/mesa.umig.org

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Thanks! It's pretty satisfying seeing it all laid out on a big monitor. I would like to get them grouped a little better so the bigger series (Mark, Rectifier, Rack) have a little more room to breath though.

s-fresh said:
Thanks! It's pretty satisfying seeing it all laid out on a big monitor. I would like to get them grouped a little better so the bigger series (Mark, Rectifier, Rack) have a little more room to breath though.
There's small typo on the Mark III section.From the 1985 brochure it says "the mark II is the first amplifer" etc instead of the mark III.
Looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.Should be great.

MK IIB said:
There's small typo on the Mark III section.From the 1985 brochure it says "the mark II is the first amplifer" etc instead of the mark III.
Looking forward to seeing it when it's finished.Should be great.
Thanks for the catch. I fixed that and pushed out a version with a few more series consolidated. You can see more on the screen with less overlapping now.

Back