Mark IIC+ is this one the real deal.....?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JGD

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

Here in The Netherlands, there is a IIC+ for sale.
The guy is asking 1600 (euro's).

Im seriously interested, but doesn't it look a bit weird....?

For example, only two powertubes....?

$_85.JPG

$_85.JPG

$_85.JPG

$_85.JPG

Seems like a good price for a clean amp and the export power transformer on top of that. GEQ seems to be less common on the 60 watt amps as well so that's an added bonus.

Thanks.
Price would be 1500 now, by the way.

The only thing is, he had the cooling block on the right removed, in order to install a line connection (Im waiting for a photo of that).
He told me that his tech told him, that that block can be missed.
It wouldn't add much, since it was on the outside of the chassis....

Then again, Mesa did not originally build it for shits & giggles, right?

JGD said:
Im seriously interested, but doesn't it look a bit weird....?

For example, only two powertubes....?

Wierd looking due to a couple of things (the # of power tubes is not one of them)

The knobs are not original. Maybe came from an older IIB or they came from a Fender amp.
There is no reverb tank installed.
Also not sure why one of the rear jacks is labeled to be the EQ/Reverb foot switch.
This is usually on the underside of the chassis. Perhaps some tech rewired it to be on the back.

JGD said:
The only thing is, he had the cooling block on the right removed, in order to install a line connection (Im waiting for a photo of that).

Huh? Not sure what you are talking about. What's a cooling block?

Fwiw it is a real 60w IIC+ with EQ, Reverb and an Export Transformer aka an SRGX. At 1600 euro (~$1700 USD) it's a good deal.

That is a great amp! 60 watts is a lot of power and will be loud enough for any situation. The 60 watt C+ amps are super aggressive and at that price I'd snarf it up quickly!

Yeah, " the cooling block"....
I don't know the official name, that black ribbly thing on the right:
$_85.JPG

It's is replaced by this:
$_84.JPG

So thats my only concern, is that ok? As in: doesn't it matter, technically?

By the way, thanks guys, for all your help.

It always amazes me when I see mods like that!! The mods to me seem unnecessary and I would reverse them to bring it back to original condition. The amp is fine the way it is and the heat sump is more for looks than for dissipating heat IMO YMMV.

JGD said:
Yeah, " the cooling block"....
I don't know the official name, that black ribbly thing on the right:
$_85.JPG

It's is replaced by this:
$_84.JPG

So thats my only concern, is that ok? As in: doesn't it matter, technically?

By the way, thanks guys, for all your help.
Cooling block, the technical term is "heat sink", metal fins to catch air to cool the chassis.

All the technician did was change the location of the two jacks (power in and footswitch) underneath the chassis to the back for easy access( I think). Easy to return back to stock.

I don't think the jack labeled "Input" on the back is the Power Amp input... From what I can gather, the jacks added at the back replicate the ones at the front (Amp Input and Rhythm/Lead footswitch)... I guess the guy who asked for this may have mounted the amp in a rack case, hence the need to move the jacks to the back to make the wiring easier.
Anyway, it's a legit IIC+ at a REALLY good price, I'd snatch it up before someone else does!

Yes, he had it in a rack for years.

Again, thanks guys.
Im gonna pick it up next Sunday!
Hopefully, it's still there. But, the guy had no other offers at all (except for bullsh1t-offers).

Tomorrow, I'm going to pick it up.
And then it will be mine, all mine!
MuuaahahahahahaHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Hello!
I like to gldly inform, that amp is Now in Finland.
I sent it to boogie and Now it original again. It was quite heavily 'modded'.Amp will arrived on next week.

Back