Triaxis, 2:90 and GT-100 signal path

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Demon Of The Fall

Reaction score
Hi all, i recently bought a triaxis and a 2:90... incredible gear and I Am planning to control it with a boss GT-100 and also use some of the effects of the GT-100, for example, compresors and boosters in front of the triaxis and all the modulations, delays, reverbs and eq in the loop of the triaxis or in between the triaxis and the 2:90.

But Iam not so sure about how to really hookup the GT-100 with the pre and the power. I know I want to use de 4CM but I dont know how will respond the loop of the triaxis with the loop of the GT-100... or is better not to use the loop of the triaxis at all?

I'm planning to use short cables and keep the 4U rack on the floor next to the GT100 to minimize the signal path and then 2 long speaker cables to the 4x12 in stereo. Here is the two signal chains I thinking.

1 guitar -> input gt100
1 gt100 send -> input triaxis
1 left output triaxis -> return gt100
2 output gt100 -> 2:90

or

1 guitar -> input gt100
1 gt100 send -> input triaxis
1 send triaxis -> return gt100
2 output gt100 -> 2 return triaxis
2 output triaxis -> 2:90

Thanks in advance
D

I would say just try it out and see how you like it. I don't think it matters too much how long your cable runs are since it is going to get buffered in the GT-100. Whether you return the left and/or right only depends on whether you are using stereo or not. The effects loop should be true bypass on the Triaxis so you can see if there is any coloring in your tone. I doubt it. It sounds like effects are important to you, so I would just go with it. I regularly use a Boss GT-6 and other stomp box effects with my Mark V head and if I don't want pedals in my signal flow, I just switch the effects loop off. And as far as cable length goes, I don't think 25ft is going to do all that much to your signal (like I said, especially since it's buffered).

I normally use a 10-15 foot cable to a stomp box that I use as a buffer/overdrive and a 10-25 foot cable from that stomp box to front of my amp. If I was needing the pure amp sound (like for recording or something), I would use a short cable going straight into the amp. But I don't believe that a good quality 25 foot cable is going to have any noticeable signal degradation.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back