mark ii c+ 60 watt original speaker?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boogier

Reaction score
Hi guys

Can anyone tell me what speaker the 60 watt c+ shipped with FOR SURE? I've found a lot of info (here and other places) and none of it says the same thing.

Remember, spexifically the 60 watt model. Thanks for your help guys!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is Mesa amps were more or less all custom orders up until the Mark IV era. Looking at the catalog images here (http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=46590) you can see the MC-90, EVM-12L and MS-12 all available as upgrades. I'm assuming those were the only three options at the time? I'm not sure they ever make a separate IIC+ catalog, this is probably it.

The MS-12 Black Shadow (Eminence) was the standard speaker. The EVM-12L was available as an option (extra $70-75, IIRC).

The Celestion Black Shadow speaker was not listed on the Mk.II price list. But since Mesa sold them as parts, I am sure they could install in on a MK.II if requested.

There was another option back then: ordering a combo without a speaker for a $30-40 saving.

Mine was shipped with the MS-12.

Boogieman said:
The MS-12 Black Shadow (Eminence) was the standard speaker. The EVM-12L was available as an option (extra $70-75, IIRC).

The Celestion Black Shadow speaker was not listed on the Mk.II price list. But since Mesa sold them as parts, I am sure they could install in on a MK.II if requested.

There was another option back then: ordering a combo without a speaker for a $30-40 saving.

Mine was shipped with the MS-12.

Thank you boogieman!!!

Latest posts

Back