what are the fillmore speakers?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still haven't a clue what these are....

IMG_0055_zps4e05ed7d.jpg

IMG_0056_zps117c6fdb.jpg

Interesting... Eminence takes its roots from CTS who made a wonderful speaker for Fender, so this should come as no surprise given the Boogie roots.

Still for anybody over 40 there has always been a stigma of cheap when it comes to Eminence, though they have a come a long ,long way since the early days.

I had some Eminence blue frame 10's in a 1st year Vibroking that went to crap pretty quick, albeit paper voice coil formers being used.
I replaced them twice before finally offing the amp.

I Love the C90 made by Celestion in my F50 3/4 back extension cab, I'd love some extra speakers , will the Fillmore change "my" sound and will the Celestion C90 still be available?

Is Mesa just rebranding it's speakers it sells now?

The Fillmore 75 is an Eminence speaker made for Mesa to use and sell (and supposedly targeted at fixing some issues they have with the Celestion Vintage 30s). And Mesa previously rebranded Celestion C-90s as Black Shadow C-90s, as well as EVM-12l's as Black shadow and VS-12's from Eminence as Vintage Black Shadow.

And they supposedly already request custom V30s from Celestion because they don't like the normal production V30s.

So is there a chance they've just decided to consolidate their custom speakers (only available for purchase through Mesa) under their own brand. So Celestion can still make and sell their V30 and C-90, but the Mesa specific ones will be labelled and sold as Fillmore, just like the 75 they get from Eminence and whatever the 100 was in the King Snake?

Mule Train said:
I still haven't a clue what these are....

IMG_0055_zps4e05ed7d.jpg

IMG_0056_zps117c6fdb.jpg
These look very much like WGS British Lead speakers, the early ones w. rear vents - note the mosquito net grid used as FOD protection. I've seen pictures of them w. the same paper dome as the WGSs, not the mesh LHDC like Celestion would use for something of this design. My guess is that either they're relabled BL80s or a design largely based on the BL80. Some BL80s came stock sans labels, so printing a unique label like thiis would be a piece of cake. Then the label does look a lot like that of the FM75 and very professionally printed as well.

Couldn't say whether this would be a hoax or if WGS were infact contracted by Mesa for making these for them though.

Back