Mysterious bolt on Lone Star chassis

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frpax

Reaction score
Hey folks!
New Boogie owner here! I got a Lone Star used and I've always loved the tone!
But the one I got has a strong cigarette smoke smell. So, I took the whole amp apart to clean it, and on the chassis, I found a bolt that looked unscrewed. This:

92D30F92-461B-417E-89FF-B6DA330A563F_zpsfvloze57.jpg

So, this is a chassis tension bolt? I've never heard of such a thing. First time I've ever seen one (obviously). I assume it just screws up against the inside top of the cabinet? And this, other than the 4 chassis bolts, keeps the chassis stable in the cabinet? Never knew that this was a problem. Huh! Well, now I know! Thanks!!

frpax said:
Hey folks!
But the one I got has a strong cigarette smoke smell. So, I took the whole amp apart to clean it, and on the chassis, I found a bolt that looked unscrewed. This:

That is the chassis tension screw. It should be finger-tightened only, and provides tension between the chassis and cab to reduce vibration/rattling. Thanks!

frpax said:
Hey folks!

not to be a jerk but the first stickied post on this forum http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25342 explains it. :p

deeman said:
frpax said:
Hey folks!

not to be a jerk but the first stickied post on this forum http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25342 explains it. :p
Thanks!

Back