Got the pops!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
When I first start playing my amplifier and I switch between channels I get a loud pop sound, it's been there about a week now, does anybody else have the same problem? After it does it once, it doesn't do it again, this was a problem with the older Mark amps.

I switch channels while my amp is in standby that way the pop isn't audible. I get the pop switching channels after that.

I get the pop whenever I switch between a channel with the presence pulled and one without, but only the first time I make the switch.

Same here but I did the hit the switch on standby thing as mentioned above, problem solved .

I will get some popping though the speaker, doubt it is amp related as it does not happened often. Also I am using the amp in the noisiest part of the home (seems to respond to electrical transients made by the new refrigerator as well as the heat pump). Where I moved the studio (same room the circuit breaker panel is in) seems to be very quiet electrically as I have run my RA100 in there without any noise at all.

I hear a loud pop the first time I change channels with the footswitch after I power the amp up. Subsequent channel changes are quiet. My workaround is to power the amp up with the speaker switch set to off. I change channels a couple times and then switch the speaker on. No more pops when I change channels.

Edited to add: My JP-2C was not doing this when I first brought it home in Feb 2017. It had been a showroom floor model at a local mom and pop for about a year. I'm not sure how many test drives it had in that time but I'm guessing not too many given the price tag and the fact that they marked it down significantly when they got tired of looking at it after a year. That's when I pulled the trigger. I did not notice the popping for the first six months or so that I owned the amp. It's been doing it for about the last six months. I assume it's still doing it every time. It was doing it when I began following the workaround I described above. I power the amp up like that every time just to be sure.

You know whats odd - try switching channels without the footswitch connected (using the little switch on the far right). THe noise doesnt appear on the manual switch mode only on foot switch - i don't know what this means only an observation.

Latest posts

Back