Triple Crown TC-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you see a demo? I did a quick Google search and could not find one.

Nice, nice to see 6V6's getting pushed. Big fan of that valve. Wondering now if I can use em on my MKV. That 6V6 clean is to die for

The preamp tube layout looks sweet, clean channel is separate from gain channels, including the input stage!

From the manual, V1 & V2 are dedicated to the Clean channel, V3 & V4 are dedicated to the higher gain channels:

V1A - Clean 1st Gain Stage
V1B - Clean 2nd Gain Stage

V2A - Clean 3rd Gain Stage
V2B - N/A

V3A - Hi/Lo 1st Gain Stage
V3B - Hi 2nd Gain Stage

V4A - Hi 3rd Gain Stage / Lo 2nd Gain Stage
V4B - Hi 4th Gain Stage / Lo 3rd Gain Stage

V5A - FX Loop Send
V5B - FX Loop Return

V6A - Reverb Drive
V6B - Reverb Return

V7A&B - PI

Dom

I'm sure there's more to it than I see at first, but isn't it very much like a Nomad? Three channels, two voices on each, solo...

I probably need to try one...

Nice! Its always great when a new Mesa amp comes out! I love the power tube option, but sorry to see there are no power switching options. I hope the cleans meet the standards set by the Lone Star and Mk V. I wonder who they are marketing this amp to... The demo really focused on metal tones, so perhaps they are going for that market, providing a lower cost, (and possibly more flexible), option to the JP2C. Does anyone know what the price point is on this one?

Here's another demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ui3iOZwYSVo

Maybe it's only me but I see an evolution of the Electra-Dyne with separate controls for each channel.

Looks like they may be going for a Fender, Marshall and Mesa in one box... Could be very versatile. Now if only the preamp channels were modules that you could swap in and out and customize the three channels... That would be my dream amp!

Looks and sounds like a really cool amp. Oddly, Doug points out how it's aimed at rock, but then the demo spends almost the whole time focusing on special cases like blues and metal.

It seems like another stab at the Atlantic Series, but with a more Mesa-oriented pitch to differentiate it better. The fact that it ships with EL34 is a big indicator to me. I like the features and I suspect the tone is fantastic. I wonder how it would compare to a RA100.

I really don't like the look of the knobs, but that is changeable.

I have always liked 6V6, as I started with a '65 Deluxe Reverb, and I'm interested in how the different channels in this amp will play with those. I assume that the power rating with 6V6 will be around 20-25W, so that is how you can get a lower power mode, though obviously not so much on-the-fly. Still, it's easy enough to carry a couple power tube duets and change power easily-ish.

Interesting that it's 50W. I wonder if a 100W version is brewing. I also wonder what ELSE may be brewing. Could this be the start of a new line? If so, would it replace the Express series?

I noticed in the manual: Clean is Mark series; All presence controls are post-EQ filters; The bass control for Clean is deeper than 2/3; The EQ is located in different gain stages.

Clean likely has the Fender/Mark style EQ after stage 1. 2/3 likely have EQ before the Master, as figured by the demo and descriptions; If there is negative feedback, it's fixed; However, they say the top end of Hi is Recto-ish, so there is likely no NFB, considering the presence circuits.

I'm just guessing, but this all sounds good to me.

Nicklotsaguitars said:
Nice, nice to see 6V6's getting pushed. Big fan of that valve. Wondering now if I can use em on my MKV. That 6V6 clean is to die for

Yes you can. Just make sure to switch to tweed power

Back