Dual rectifier problem

Dual/Triple Rectos, Maverick, Blue Angel, Nomad, Road King, F-Series, Lone Star & Stiletto

Moderators: Guitarzan, Grandor, ned, Platypus

opiateofthemasses
Bottle Rocket

Dual rectifier problem

Post by opiateofthemasses » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:00 pm

Hi everyone! So I have a 1994, silver chassis, 2 channel dual rectifier, and its acting up. It's powering on, but it's not activating the channel like normal no matter which channel is selected. This of course means I get no sound. It did this yesterday, but after sitting for a bit in standby, it finally kicked the channel on by itself. Not so lucky today. It's almost like it's stuck in pre channel limbo. I swapped the fuse just in case, and looked at the tubes, but everything seems ok. anyone have an idea of what could be malfunctioning?

Edit: I actually am getting a sound, but it's just a buzz/hum that is not effected by the master volume level.

Nicklotsaguitars
Mark III

Re: Dual rectifier problem

Post by Nicklotsaguitars » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:41 pm

opiateofthemasses wrote:
Edit: I actually am getting a sound, but it's just a buzz/hum that is not effected by the master volume level.
Had an 800 that did that. Turned out to be a bust speaker jack socket. The buzzy hummy sound that was very quiet was the OT blowing.

Dunno about the channel select stuff at all.
some guitars and some amps

afu
Mark IV

Re: Dual rectifier problem

Post by afu » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:56 pm

If the channel lights don't come on and you only get him, the switching or power supply need a looksie. Call Mesa for a qualified tech.
2007 3 Channel Dual Recto w/loop mod

My Humble Music Tech Blog:
Dual Rectifier Index