Dual Rectifier HISTORY...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for the super necro-bump but I have recently become fascinated with Mesa amps, DR's and the Mark's II C+ - IV specifically. I think this has a lot to do with having a good time with them in my Axe FX II. Now I'm trying to soak up as much information about them as possible. I have read that it's thought that the Recto preamp circuit is almost identical to the SLO, which may back up something else I've recently heard that I wanted to ask you guys about...

I've also read that the Recto was originally designed for the "hair guys" which is something that would surprise me because the amp doesn't seem to have that "hair" vibe to me, even when I've played one in person. The only "hair" guy I've heard of using them was Lynch but I don't know what albums he used them on. It would be ironic though if it were designed for the Hair metal guys and became the amp of the anti-hair movement (aka grunge, Nu-Metal etc). Thanks for the info guys, I've had a blast reading this thread.

What's up with "reborn" Rectos? And, when looking at the mass of used ones available, how can one tell versions visually? I look at Rectos used on ebay other places, and I dont know if I'm looking at a 2 year old amp, or a 20 year old amp. Are there visual identifiers for the newer ones?

If you look between the knobs there are micro switches, Reborn rectos have two micro switches for each channel, rectos made before 2010? only have one micro switch for each channel.

2 channel rectos have two rows of knobs and one knob for the loop.
50 watt rectos have two rows of knobs and one knob for the loop and one for the solo.

Latest posts

Back