Mini Recto Update Wishlist

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
1. Cabclone integration
2. Tremoverb channel layout: Clean/Vintage on Orange Channel and Pushed/Modern on Red Channel
3. Old-style channel cloning - so you can have orange modern or red vintage

Could be a lot of fun.

4. Solo boost w/ pedal switch

But, wishful thinking right now. I asked Mesa after Mark V:25 came out if they were planning to do an update on the Mini Rec and they said "No currently planned revisions for the Mini Rectifier for the foreseeable future."

I'd love to see those changes. However, I think that there just isn't demand for the MR. There was at first because it was one of the first cool lunchboxes, but I think the RV25, MV25 and MV35 have steamrollered it. They've never had much resale value.

I gigged with mine for a couple of years and still take it to gigs as a backup amp.

I think Mesa's time would be better spent elsewhere.

Personally, I'd like a 50W 6L6 lunchbox Tremoverb.

5. Bias switchable between EL84 and 6V6 power tubes, much like the Dual Rectifier switchable EL34 and 6L6 power tubes.

Yup. I'd like a bit more lows from that amp. I cranked mine up last night, and it was even better than I remember. But not so much thump.

I am probably going to get a Fryette Power Station to use with it.

I think one of the reasons the MR and ROV sound as good as they do is because they're not loaded down with extra features.

That said... a third channel would be cool.

Back