JP2C Registry

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there any truth to the rumour I got told from my dealer about the LE's having a few little internal tweaks ? Or is he just trying to extract more money from me?

barryswanson said:
Is there any truth to the rumour I got told from my dealer about the LE's having a few little internal tweaks ? Or is he just trying to extract more money from me?

There are NO differences in the circuitry between the limited and unlimited edition amps...

Thanks!

Just received my LE JP-2C yesterday 05/26/16. Serial #068, but I only glanced at it briefly, but I will confirm later.

Ordered the day after I read it was coming out. Received last week. Spent the weekend breaking it in at gigs ranging from pool parties to opening up for Aaron Lewis at an amphitheater (seen here at sound check)

LE serial #3

BTW, at the pictured gig, went strait into the amp...no fx or pedal board...had to have a fast setup and teradown. Played songs ranging from Crazy Train to Chile Peppers to My Church and a subtle clean original. Used the cab clone as I always do.(also have a Mark V:25 and 35)..FOH engineer loved it. Was off the stage in about two minutes. Love the loud CLEAN. Really anew experience.

RnR,

Thanks for posting the clips of you, your band, and that beautiful sounding JP-2C rig you're running. Can't believe you're running straight into the amp. Really sounds great ! Are you running a 412 or 212 vertical ? For your solos do you switch channels for boosting the solo or do you roll back your guitar volume for rhythm and bring it up full for lead ?

Cheers,

Riki

Riki said:
Are you running a 412 or 212 vertical ? For your solos do you switch channels for boosting the solo or do you roll back your guitar volume for rhythm and bring it up full for lead ?

Hi,

I ran into a vertical rectifier 2x12 and used cab clone out for FOH. I used channel 2 as rhythm and 3 for lead. No effects but during Crazy Train I engaged the built in boost on the guitar for a little more grind as I had the amp set for less demanding songs. Otherwise I dominate the volume control to vary tone. The amp really needs to be a little loud to open up. Playing at bedroom levels really doesn't give up,the goods :)

RnR,

Thanks for the reply. First off, your playing is great. You really have some mad skills. It's really a great demo of what the amp is capable of. I've been going back and forth between the Mark V and the JP-2C. After listening to you I think the JP-2C is the way to go. The sound also seems to be a bit "looser" on the JP-2C than on a Mark V. Almost a cross between a Mark V and a Dual Rectifier. Funny thing is the rock/metal music from the 80s was done mostly through Marshall's but your demo, especially Crazy Train, seems to pull off the sound from that decade. Has hints of Marshall-esque sound (i.e. Looseness, a little sag) but definitely a Boogie. Maybe it's just my ears. Do you find the amp to have a looser feeling than a Mark V? Also, the 212 vertical sounds so big. Nice tone through the entire rig .

Cheers,

Riki

Riki said:
Do you find the amp to have a looser feeling than a Mark V? Also, the 212 vertical sounds so big. Nice tone through the entire rig .

What you are hearing through that phone recording is the sound of the main speakers being driven with the cab clone out on the amp. The cabinet onstage was basically my monitor. I had the amp at about 11 o'clock master volume wise, and as soon as I walked away from my area it couldn't be heard, as the overall stage and volume of the mix was so loud.

I used to have a Mark V and gigged on it all the time. I think the Mark V might win if all you play is at low volumes, as there is a point on the JP where it really blooms on the master volume. The JP does have a great loose bounce to the feeling of playing your strings, but I've had that feeling to with the V, but in general the V was a bit tighter. To be honest, I seem to dial in my same sound on any Boogie I play (I gig mostly with a V:35 combo and will only use the JP on bigger gigs. I also own or have owned a V:25 head, Mark II C+, Kingsnake, and a mini rectoverb as well as various cabs). I really like the clean on the JP. Stays clean even cranked. One "issue" I noticed with the JP and my style is that to make your guitar really clean up to the point where its useful you have to have the gain below 12 o'clock, at least for me. I only noticed this cause my other Boogies didn't seem to have that issue. But still lower than 12 0clock is enough gain for 90% of what we play.

RnR,

Thank you for your video and responses about the JP-2C. I just received my JP-2C and 212 Recto Vertical cab. Only had an hours time on it so far but I am very impressed. More than enough gain on this amp AND.... It's usable. Can really cover a lot of ground sound-wise with it. Going to give it good workout this week but from what I've heard so far just plugging straight-in, it sounds great. Channels 2 and 3 are phenomenal but I was very surprised with channel 1. I actually spent about 20 mins playing solely on channel 1. The clean sound was very inspiring and I kind of got lost playing blues and some chicken-pickin' :lol: :lol: :lol: Kept me grinning from ear to ear :p but not as much as channels 2 & 3 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Anyway, thanks again to you and the others here who posted about this amp. It really helped with my decision.

Cheers,

Riki

#440 checking in all the way from Sweden. Got the amp about an hour ago so I'm just starting to check it out. So far soooooo VERY good!!!!

Back