Two Notes Torpedo Reload or isolation box?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sotosprince

Reaction score
Hi there. I own a mesa boogie mark III blue stripe combo. I am a bedroom player and most of the times I use a shure sm 57 to record metal guitars. However, that thing can be freaking loud and I ve been thinking of getting either an isolation box (copy of the box of doom ) or the torpedo reload Reactive-active attenuator, DI and reamplification box. The problem is that I live in Athens, Greece and I cannot find a seller for the torpedo reload and that means that my buy would be more or less "blind'. A friend of mine is selling me his iso box for 650 euros which is how the reload thing cost as well shipped from England. One problem with the isolation box would be the lack of space. In the next couple of weeks I might have the chance to test it myself. My friend has told me that this particular iso does not sound boxy at all and it's loaded with high quality material - felt etc. Anyhow, has anyone had any experience using the torpedo reload? Does it feel close to the true tone of the amp? Thx a lot!

sotosprince said:
Hi there. I own a mesa boogie mark III blue stripe combo. I am a bedroom player and most of the times I use a shure sm 57 to record metal guitars. However, that thing can be freaking loud and I ve been thinking of getting either an isolation box (copy of the box of doom ) or the torpedo reload Reactive-active attenuator, DI and reamplification box. The problem is that I live in Athens, Greece and I cannot find a seller for the torpedo reload and that means that my buy would be more or less "blind'. A friend of mine is selling me his iso box for 650 euros which is how the reload thing cost as well shipped from England. One problem with the isolation box would be the lack of space. In the next couple of weeks I might have the chance to test it myself. My friend has told me that this particular iso does not sound boxy at all and it's loaded with high quality material - felt etc. Anyhow, has anyone had any experience using the torpedo reload? Does it feel close to the true tone of the amp? Thx a lot!

Hey man,

Just replied to your YouTube comment on the Reload video I did for Boynton Pro Audio. The Two Notes stuff, in my opinion, is infinitely better than an iso box. I've used Kemers, Axe FX's, plugins, miced cabs, iso boxes....nothing has blown me away as much as getting to use my own amp through a good reactive load box. Plus, the Reload is also an attenuator, so you can crank your amp up to the sweet spot and play through your own cab at whisper quiet volumes. It's easily one of the best pieces of gear I've ever used. Can't recommend it enough.

I have only used the Torpedo from Two notes and have essentially been blown away with it- I assume the Reload has a better attenuator - and the Wall Of Sound app makes it easy to dial in those sounds. Id try and see if you could score the Reload or even the Torpedo Live honestly -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbaQwB9Ugac&nohtml5=False

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6bP8ft0VWE&nohtml5=False

I have a Torpedo Live. The assortment of cab impulses and simulated mics makes it a really powerful tool for recording and even live playing in volume sensitive situations!

Back