King snake reissue vs Mark 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkater

Reaction score
Just wondering. What are the differences between a vintage Mark1 and the King snake reissues (beside the presence switch at the back and new speaker)?

I own the kingsnake (great amp)

Also, not the most important thing but... I thought those had Carlo's signature somewhere on it but I can't find it. Where am I to find this signature, someone knows? Did he not sign every one of them?

Does anyone know if the King Snake chassis would fit in a MkI cabinet? I measured the distance between bolts and I think they are the same (15 3/4" and 5 3/8"), but I wonder if the chassis itself might be bigger so that the King Snake wouldn't fit in a Mark I cabinet. Specifically I want to put the chassis in a head shell and it would be great if it was interchangeable with a MkI.

mkVplayer said:
Does anyone know if the King Snake chassis would fit in a MkI cabinet? I measured the distance between bolts and I think they are the same (15 3/4" and 5 3/8"), but I wonder if the chassis itself might be bigger so that the King Snake wouldn't fit in a Mark I cabinet. Specifically I want to put the chassis in a head shell and it would be great if it was interchangeable with a MkI.

The original Mark I(1978 and older) have a wider bolt spacing from side to side. The Mark I re-issue may have the 15 3/4 width though.

Back