New Mesa/Boogie Rack Product Ideas

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like them to bring back a stereo 20 watt with a switch to bring it down to a stereo 5 watts. The single unit size is great. I probably would not buy it in a larger form factor. Something loud enough for a club show, not too loud, and also quiet enough to record at home.

Well, of course- an "exact" internal circuitry MK II c++ preamp...But maybe even even better,revamp the quad a bit-theres a whole to like about it as is though..Maybe a cab clone in her,etc..but im all for a 2 or 3 space mkV rack pre too.Dont know whats happening lately on this, but a while back I thought we may be seeing a completely updated "midi matrix" as rack guru Mario from acxess was thought to be joining mesa.His rack stuff was killer.

+1 for a new power amp that is friendly for home, studio, jam use. Even the old 2 x 20w is far too much for me, 2 x 5w is the most I'm likely to use for most of the year. I've got a Simul-Class 295 if I want to knock down buildings!

And yes, bring back the high gain amp switcher - give it a few more features and re-launch it. There isn't much available on the market and all options are really expensive.

A one-unit MONO poweramp, with all sorts of features from both mark and rectifier series.
Halfdrive, simul-class, bias adjust, different tubesettings, modern, vintage, deep, precense, whatever you can put into it.
THE ultimate mono rack poweramp!!!

Pretty new to Mesa gear but lovin my Triaxis.

So, my only gripe and wish at this point is USB connectivity and decent software to make full use of all the Triaxis features and be able to share presets and back-up.

:)

Half triaxis half 2:90 in one dynamically rich head.
Autosave, endless encoders w ring leds.
Push encoders for pull shifts w leds.
Regular nonprogramable master vol.
Regular inductor graphic eq in/out led.
Make presets same as programs.
Endless encoder for presets detented pot.
Press/hold enter to sequence through presets in 10's.
Copy, flashes, sequence, enter.

If I was going to refresh/update or one-up the TriAxis, I would go with a 'Tour of Mesa Tone' Pre-Amp.

2U rack, with maybe 9 modes:

JP-2C Clean, Lonestar Clean, Tweed
Recto Raw, Vintage, Modern
Mark I, Mark IIC+, Mark IV

If we're living la vida loca, go with more modes and add
Fat and/or Brit
Crunch and/or Extreme

I like where eet fuk was going:
eet fuk said:
Autosave, endless encoders w ring leds.
Push encoders for pull shifts w leds.
Regular nonprogramable master vol.
Regular inductor graphic eq in/out led.
Make presets same as programs.
Endless encoder for presets detented pot.
Press/hold enter to sequence through presets in 10's.
Copy, flashes, sequence, enter.

Add in USB connectivity, software interface for creating and sharing presets, Cab Clone.

I would also update the rack power amps, midi programmable modes, Modern/Deep, etc. Maybe two models stereo 1U rack with switchable 5/10/25 watts and a 2U rack with switchable 10/45/90 watts.

My 20 watt power amp recently crapped out so I was looking around for options. I came across a Russian company that is making power amps, pre amps and pre/power amps all in one space rack units. I have long wished for a 2 tube el34 power amp and these guys make one in a one space rack unit. -UPDATE- Apparently these guys don't respond to messages so I came to my senses and picked up a Mesa 2 50. It was a novel idea though and if Mesa ever decides to make one I suggest that it come with a bank of low rpm fans rather than one really fast noisy one.

I would also like to see some one space pre amp units that could be combined in a switcher. A 2 channel mark 1, channel 2c+, mark 3, mark 4, rectifier, ect, all with a mesa GEQ for each channel. This would be awesome combined with a rack channel switcher and/or midi options.

Obviously, to bring the Triaxis or something like it back!! I have no doubt they are working on something grand to replace it as we speak...

I'd also like to see them re-issue the Mark series half-back metal grill cabs, which are tough to find.

Build dedicated TC-100 and JP2C preamps with MIDI and include a switcher like in Synergy's SYN-2. This way one could use such a preamp as a full channel expansion to a Mark V, JP2C or Rectifier. This switcher is an awesome feature that really makes it more useful than a regular preamp.
In addition, MB should take care that such a preamps run flawlessy in the loops of their own and third party products.

Not really a rack idea but,
It would be nice for mesa to release a Mark V Reborn with progressive linkage, selectable rectifier and wattage per channel. All midi controllable of course.

Ch1 revisited with this studio pre kind of clean.
Ch2 revisited with the awesome crunch ch from v:25.
Ch3 well, a distortion blending from the recto rev.F + jp2c shred mode :shock:
Power amp tubes 4xEL84, 4x6L6, 4xEL34s or 4xKT77.

Just saying..

I would love a new version of the Triaxis with a programmable 5-band EQ an switches for deep, bass shift, treble shift and lead bright like the old mark series amps.

A power amp with both 1/4 and RCA outputs for use as a home stereo system. Also, an option to easily take off the top that turns off the fan automatically by doing so, when you want to record or use it as a stereo system.

Hello Friends!

It's been a while since I've posted here...many years in fact. A lot of circumstances have changed, but the more things change...the more they stay the same.

It seems that someone at Mesa HQ took my advice on creating the amazing Cab Clone circuit embedded in their amps (such as the JP2C and Updated Versions of the Rectos). I love you guys for doing that. Those were some amazing ideas and there is still MORE that you can and SHOULD do with the Cab Clone technology. I encourage it because I use the Cab Clone v2 technology EVERYDAY. I love the Cab Clone V2. I think you folks at Mesa NAILED IT and are on the right track considering the competition in that space.

However, Mesa/Boogie (er..Gibson??) decided to discontinue the Mesa/Boogie Simul-Class 2:Ninety. RIGHT when I decided I needed a new Mesa 2:Ninety too. Not cool. Not cool at all. Like...WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU THINKING!?! This event has forced me out of **** posting retirement to have a word with you folks. Moving air is still superior to all of this digital ****. Don't you dare bail out on us...not yet at least! Here are some ideas that would really help Professional Musicians, Engineers, and Artists like me create unique sounding art:

New Stereo Power Amp Idea
Please consider creating AN UPDATED VERSION of that GLORIOUS 2:Ninety Simul-Class Power Amp, but with some...modifications.

1. On this new power amp, I NEED THE NEW Cab Clone Technology with the ability to load customizable IRs. When I perform live, I send the Cab Clone to DI out to IEMs and FOH while letting my Mesa Full Stacks provide amazing tone on the stage and for the front row. I will absolutely need this on a new Power Amp.

2. The former DEEP, MODERN, and HALF DRIVE settings were terrific. However, DEEP needs to be adjustable. It works for the Triaxis, but DAAAAMN it's so farty with my SYNERGY Modules (or anything else I put through it). MODERN is so **** good tho. HALF DRIVE...is just awesome for Home Recording. These settings should also have an effect on the Cab Clone sounds.

3. Fitting it into two rack spaces is a must, but three spaces is OK if the features are there.

4. 90 - 100 watts is really all I need in a Power Amp. Anything more is ridiculous.

5. All tube = All Awesome

Mesa/Boogie Ported 4x12 Cabinets

Mesa Cabinets are legendary for their durability, tone, and craftsmanship. After purchasing a few Genz-Benz 4x12 cabinets, I can say that bass porting truly creates a HUGE tone especially when working in detuned tunings, or when you've got a LOT of bass dialed in on your Recto. I highly suggest experimenting with ported cabinets to see if you can improve on those already amazing sounding Mesa speaker cabinets.

Mesa/Boogie ISO Cab (Single, Dual)

Randall Amplification mass produced the first ISO Cab, which is used by MANY bands like Slipknot, Killswitch Engage, etc. Rivera perfected the design with their Silent Sister ISO Cab. Box of Doom took that concept even further and introduced innovative recording and microphone placement technology giving users the ability to use up to two microphones mounted on a mechanized stand that can be adjusted via a software interface to achieve the perfect tone, or even change Speakers on the fly via a cassette. I own all of these products. The Silent Sister is the best sounding ISO Cab, but the Box of Doom has the most features (though it doesn't sound as good IMO). Where I think Mesa has an opportunity here is to craft a high quality ISO cab with all of the quality features of the Silent Sister, but also include the technology concepts of the Box of Doom. A single speaker, dual speaker ISO Cab with the sonic quality of the Silent Sister and the Technology of the Box of Doom would be a HUGE plus for any home recording engineer, Studio, or touring musician. We all know if it was built by Mesa, then it is built to LAST!

Tube Driven Digital Amp Technology & Innovation Leadership

The Quad and Mesa Triaxis preamps are legendary. You've dipped your toes into this world before. It would be amazing to get a preamp like those again that had feet firmly planted in both the Analogue Tube and Digital Algorithmic Worlds. There is just nothing in the world quite like legitimate Tube Tones. There's been a lot of talk about stuff like this in the past, and it can go in many directions. I moved onto the Synergy Modular system because of the flexibility that system offers paired with outstanding tones I can get from an AFFORDABLE module. Their IICP module is outstanding. I think there is a lot of potential with a modular system like the Synergy System, paired with the digital features offered from something like the Fractal. I believe Mesa Boogie could play an integral part in borrowing the Synergy concept for its own modular line but with expanded digital features (Cab Clone, MIDI, Effects, Digital Foot Controllers, etc). I remember when the JP2C came out and MIDI was finally a feature on Mesa Boogie amps. It was like...FINALLY Mesa has come to the 21st Century. I really think the future is in the amalgamation of analogue and digital as it relates to the art of audio, and it would be great to see Mesa (Gibson??) become innovators, if not contributors, in that world. For all the **** that companies like Randall Amplification get, they truly invested into the innovative technologies that have now matured into full fledged and indispensable tools for people who move air to create their art. If anything, join amp circuit innovators like Bogner, Friedman, Diezel, and Soldano in the Synergy Sun with a faithful and true Synergy Module. This is not about old dudes like me owning a Mesa licensed module...no. This is about that 16 year old loner dude that worked all summer while listening to Master of Puppets and has saved up $1300 to buy a decent rig so he can rip like Kirk Hammett. This is about that 14 year old girl that's taking lessons and all she wants to do is have a crushing rhythm tone like Mark Tremonti. With the Synergy system (FOR EXAMPLE), $400 for a Mesa module, $400 for a Syn1, and $500 for a used Tube Amp get's them in the ballpark to move air. It's about making Mesa accessible to those young people so they can EXPERIENCE what moving air sounds like from a Mesa product that gets the hair stand up on the back of their neck. Is a fucking plugin getting people psyched? Through a Micro Amp, or Studio Speakers, or headphones??? Nah dude. It's not.

That's it. Hope this helps. If not...well...this is my 2 cents then.

I agree. Every power amp should have an adjustable Deep control. I have had several Boogie power amps. The deep switch was always different.
Why not make it adjustable.

Back