NAD: Royal Atlantic

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Mesa should take another kick at the cat with an ED/RA type amp. I think they were onto something and just didn't manage to connect with the right market.

Only this time, ditch the simplicity angle; make it a modern Mesa and give it three fully independent channels. Additionally, add a switchable tube gain stage (or two) that can be stacked with any channel... Like a built in tubescreamer, only valve driven. That way it'd have those sweet vintage sounds covered, but also have a Boogie like lead on tap that most people probably expect from a Mesa.

And independent reverb. I really hate the ED's approach.

And if they can give it a switching effects loop and Solo boost without compromising the sound, that'd be a bonus.

And if it catches on, follow it up with an EL84 version in a few years.

Dreamtheaterrules said:
So, should I sell my Mini Rec and my TA15 and get one? 8)
I would first find a local guitar shop that has one and try it out before jumping in as it may or may not be to your liking. I guess it depends on what you are after in terms of gain structure and tone, and then consider the weight factor last. Head weighs about 53lbs and the combo is 87lbs. Neither is an easy carry over long distance, at least the combo has side handles which makes a two person carry much easier than the 65lb Mark V combo (mine does not have castors :cry: )

I am still hooked on both my RA100's ( Head and Combo) such that I do not play through the other amps as much. I need to spend more time with the Roadster as that amp is remarkable as well as on my top list. At the moment I am craving a vintage rock tone from the mid to late 70's that has me captivated and the RA100 serves it up perfectly.

Latest posts

Back