Mark V:35 Say WHAT?!?! Short Head and 1x12 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought a Mesa Express a few years ago...about two weeks before the Express PLUS came out. I was a little miffed that I missed the PLUS, but the Express was a great amp as it was. I eventually sold it and graduated to the PLUS. To me, MESA is appealing because of their innovation. Naturally a company like MESA is constantly improving design. I think it's great that they upgrade their products regularly. The price of innovation...

Speaking of which, I will probably get this new MarkV:35.

Anyone want a MINT Express 5:50 PLUS?!?!?

cwgatti24 said:
I bought a Mesa Express a few years ago...about two weeks before the Express PLUS came out. I was a little miffed that I missed the PLUS, but the Express was a great amp as it was. I eventually sold it and graduated to the PLUS. To me, MESA is appealing because of their innovation. Naturally a company like MESA is constantly improving design. I think it's great that they upgrade their products regularly. The price of innovation...

Speaking of which, I will probably get this new MarkV:35.

Anyone want a MINT Express 5:50 PLUS?!?!?
What's your location? (How's this for a long shot :> )
I have a LSS - like it, just plain not enough clean headroom.

Gigged with my V:25, tons of head room, loved the fat channel and ended up on the Mark IV channel after starting on II+. Took a while to dial in the overdrive I liked but sounded really good by end of night. Was running fat @25 watts and Mark IV @ 10 watts (this band is fairly loud too)

Also got a chance to try cab clone yesterday. Wasn't expecting too much but was really surprised how good it sounded, very happy with that. Would like to try it live.

Just need to find the right speaker. I am using a 1x12 closed back H&K with a vintage 30, but would like to replace that with an open back (either mesa's v30 or c90), not sure yet. Suggestions welcome (Blues/rock/country/jazz/fusion).

Cheers

streuth said:
Just need to find the right speaker. I am using a 1x12 closed back H&K with a vintage 30, but would like to replace that with an open back (either mesa's v30 or c90), not sure yet. Suggestions welcome (Blues/rock/country/jazz/fusion).

Cheers

I love the vintage 30 with this amp but also wanted something maybe a bit "thicker" then your standard 1x12 and went with this.

http://www.gelbmusic.com/p-1070-mesa-0txfbb-w-compact-widebody-closed-back-1x12-guitar-speaker-cabinst.aspx

It's the closed back widebody compact cab, with a couple customizations.

While not open back it is front ported.

Has the Vintage 30 instead of the stock C90.

And has the boogie logo to match the Mark V (90, 35 and 25)

primal said:
streuth said:

Cheers

I love the vintage 30 with this amp but also wanted something maybe a bit "thicker" then your standard 1x12 and went with this.

http://www.gelbmusic.com/p-1070-mesa-0txfbb-w-compact-widebody-closed-back-1x12-guitar-speaker-cabinst.aspx

It's the closed back widebody compact cab, with a couple customizations.

While not open back it is front ported.

Has the Vintage 30 instead of the stock C90.

And has the boogie logo to match the Mark V (90, 35 and 25)

Does the front port give much dispersion (and does it reduce the blast when standing directly in front)?

I have compared the V30 and C90 in a store, and liked the V30 but I think it was also open back and the C90 a closed back so not really an equal comparison.

Just got my 1x12 V:35 yesterday... couldn't wait to get home and tear the box apart. It will take some time to dial in the exact sound I need for my band, but on initial plug in and power up this thing is a beast! Played for about 3 hours just changing settings/channels/power ranges and it was all usable. I'm impressed to say the least. Will post more once I get some quality time dialing with the whole band. Also thinking of adding the Thiele 1x12 cab under it...

:mrgreen:

Just spent about an hour CRANKING a V:35 in the local showroom. I swear the 35 has a bit more brown tone, more crunchiness than the 25. It's pretty badass. Though it may just be the open-back cab vs. the various stuff I played the V:25 through.

I played the 1x12 combo, which I'd love to use as a gigging amp. It clearly doesn't have the low-end I want, so I ran it on top of a widebody closed back and then a Thiele, both with V30. It was very nice, more low-end and also a bigger sound. The widebody of course really carried it. I had the opportunity to A/B it with a Royal Atlantic combo. The Royal still has more guts, but the 35 is... almost there. I will try it again with a Thiele with C90 and see if I can't get close enough to gig it. A V:35 1x12 combo plus Thiele would be SO much easier to carry than the RA100 head + RA2x12 that are currently breaking my back.

Have gigged 5 times with the v:25 and am loving it. So far I'm stuck on Fat and IV - need to get more adventurous. Want to at least try crunch and IIc+ (seen all the posts that say they love that setting, so need to try and find that for me). I have been gigging with the second channel on 10 watts, rather surprised by that. It really responds well to the guitar volume, especially the fat. Pretty amazing and my back loves it too.

streuth said:
Have gigged 5 times with the v:25 and am loving it. So far I'm stuck on Fat and IV - need to get more adventurous. Want to at least try crunch and IIc+ (seen all the posts that say they love that setting, so need to try and find that for me). I have been gigging with the second channel on 10 watts, rather surprised by that. It really responds well to the guitar volume, especially the fat. Pretty amazing and my back loves it too.

Nice post

MusicManJP6 said:
I'm happy as a lark with my V:25 still even with the announcement of this new amp. I can't justify any more of an amp for my situation anyway so it works out well for me.

I WILL say though... why two solo boost modes? I would have rather seen FX loop on/off button instead of another solo boost...

2 solo boosts??? I don't get it either. Never seen that before. And why would they do that when you could have one switch that boosts both like every other boogie that has a solo boost?

Boogie Mike said:
2 solo boosts??? I don't get it either. Never seen that before. And why would they do that when you could have one switch that boosts both like every other boogie that has a solo boost?

Unlike the Global SOLO controls found on other MESA amplifiers, these controls allow settings
both above and below that of the selected Channel’s MASTER control - so you can use it in a variety of ways.

Authorized Boogie said:
Boogie Mike said:

Unlike the Global SOLO controls found on other MESA amplifiers, these controls allow settings
both above and below that of the selected Channel’s MASTER control - so you can use it in a variety of ways.

I like to set all volumes to be about the same so there aren't unwelcome volume jumps on stage. Crunch is much louder than clean. Now I can adjust channel 1 volumes with the footswitch.

PRS_Daddy said:
Authorized Boogie said:
Boogie Mike said:

I like to set all volumes to be about the same so there aren't unwelcome volume jumps on stage. Crunch is much louder than clean. Now I can adjust channel 1 volumes with the footswitch.

My V:35 Combo landed yesterday. It is fantastic! I can't believe how much tone and power come from that little box! My current thinking is to use fat, crunch, and Mark IV regularly. I'll keep the non-EQ'd tones thin for the times that a song calls for that. The EQ will add depth and more roundness. Interesting, when I demo'd one in the store, the crunch mode made the volume jump tremendously. Not so on my unit. The crunch with the guitar volume dialed back makes a great "pushed" tone like on the clean channel of my dual recto. When at full guitar volume, it is a less compressed, more "classic" overdrive. The cleans are crystal clear and super-punchy. Combine all that with two solo volume controls and there are a large number of tones and levels available on a moments notice. Feakin' awesome!

Still haven't played much with Crunch (well other than what I describe below) or Clean just because I love Fat so much can go from nice solid sounding clean (with sparkle but no high ice picks and just nice a nice feel) to crunch for lead with volume or pickup change. I've tried II+C because it's raved about but haven't found what I want yet (was using IV for gigs) but been playing with XTreme because a few people said they could get it close to crunch.

So I set 1 to Crunch and then A/B back and forth playing with XTreme. I could get in the ballpark but not quite the same (followed someones advice from a different board) but had gain between 9 and 10 (crunch gain was 1'sh) and mid's low and then just played with treble, bass and presence, yikes what a great smooth lead (bluesy - kind of liquid - I hear that word a lot lately when people describe amps - no fizz at all and no harsh highs even on bridge pickup, not heavy like metal - although I can see the potential if you want it), even nicer than IV - plus I found that I could switch from my fav Fat setting to Crunch and it worked pretty well - and I can go back and forth between this and IV no problem. Like I said in an earlier post love the 10 setting for channel 2 and plenty loud for any gig I've done, still surprises hell out of me. Also cabclone for lead works great too.

Also ordered a TA-30 head gig bag so have a nice bag to carry it around in (haven't received it yet, but Trent at Boogie says there artist relations guy uses that bag for the V25).

I've been a Mark V (Head) user for 5+ years. I played thru a V:35 combo a couple of weeks ago and was really impressed! I'll be buying the head in about a week. It'll be so nice to use whichever amp I need for any given situation. I can use the head with the Cabinet Simulator when I sit in on my friend's acoustic gig. I can bring the head and a small cab to any gig/jam/session/whatever, and use my Mark V when needed! VERY excited about this amp!

Hi guys,

So I've had my MKV35 for a few weeks now, I was lucky in that it turned up on Xmas eve so it was a great start to the holidays. First impressions? Wow this thing is loud! Great clean tone plenty of headroom for me plus it sounds sparkling and lush. I have it set to 35 watts on clean and I use the solo boost for different presets. Chan 2 I'm set to 35w again and its on the MKIV setting. It just sounds fantastic and really cuts thru in the mix when I play live with my band. Really powerful sound. I'm using my Musicman JP15 and a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Kossoff and both sound really awesome!

I gigged with the MKV35 last weekend and I used the cab clone straight Into the desk and my god it sounded great. I hardly get any compliments on my tone or rig when I gig but I did that night and was very happy. Here's a couple of pics of the rig I'm using. Axe FX 2 via the 4CM, RJM Rack gizmo and RJM Mastermind GT. All fantatsic pieces of kit and worth every penny.

paulg2uk said:
Hi guys,

So I've had my MKV35 for a few weeks now, I was lucky in that it turned up on Xmas eve so it was a great start to the holidays. First impressions? Wow this thing is loud! Great clean tone plenty of headroom for me plus it sounds sparkling and lush. I have it set to 35 watts on clean and I use the solo boost for different presets. Chan 2 I'm set to 35w again and its on the MKIV setting. It just sounds fantastic and really cuts thru in the mix when I play live with my band. Really powerful sound. I'm using my Musicman JP15 and a Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Kossoff and both sound really awesome!

I gigged with the MKV35 last weekend and I used the cab clone straight Into the desk and my god it sounded great. I hardly get any compliments on my tone or rig when I gig but I did that night and was very happy. Here's a couple of pics of the rig I'm using. Axe FX 2 via the 4CM, RJM Rack gizmo and RJM Mastermind GT. All fantatsic pieces of kit and worth every penny.

Yes the photos have started turning up! MOAR!!!! if you have a V:35 post up!

Got mine last week. I've now found THE sound.
100_0313.jpg

Back