NAD RA-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curley-maple

Reaction score
I made sure there would be a new RA announced soon, by buying a brand new RA-100 head........just brought it home last night.

I did have a question though, did you folks get a cable for between your footswitch and amp? the store never had the box or manual and I was wondering it there was supposed to be a trs cable that came with the amp? I am assuming there was supposed to be one

congrats on the purchase! yup, there was supposed to be a foot-switch cable included with the amp but i wouldn't sweat it if you happened to get it at a good price…can always call up mesa and see if they can provide a replacement etc.

enjoy!

Really enjoying the RA, its just so easy to dial up great tone and it really lets the voice of each guitar shine.

I like the simplicity of the RA compared to my mkv. the amount of control and the number of options on the mkv are a double edge sword

I traded a mkv25 head and some other used gear i was not using (I still have the full size mkv 1x12 40th anniversary and a S.O.B 1x12) the mkv25 was cool but the authority of the bigger amps is just so much more satisfying to play. there is just no replacement for big iron.

after "experiencing" the 100 watt cranked up though a 4x12 I'm pretty much ruined now and don't see myself using the attenuator much , I know i still need to do a bunch of experimenting with it for different tonal options but it just sounds so epic in full power.

not 100% loving the footswitch but i understand that's all you get if you want to stick to a 1/4 trs cable. Its a bit saddening though to look at the reverb jack inside and know its footswitchable and not on the footswitch, but I appreciate that the jack is there if i want it bad enough i can run another pedal and chord but at least its available to do if i deem it worthy.

I love the "bite" this amp has. to incorporate the obligtory subjective amp review term

Getting a New amp after the series has been discontinued is a great find. Discovery of liking it more than you anticipated is priceless. The RA100 to me would be deserving of a hardwood enclosure to match is persona. What is sweet about the RA100, it is also gooey too. Don't leave out the 50W power, there is more to discover with that power option. Enjoy your new find and awesome amp. What 412 are you running the amp through?

running it through a stock Marshall 1960a 4x12

being discontinued I guess hardwood is no longer an option, ill have to console myself looking this old thing ;)

DSCN1111.jpg

DSCN1105.jpg

DSCN1107.jpg

That 40th Anniversary Mark V is sweet. That one would be difficult to part with.
There could be an option, I could be very mistaken on this, the Lone Star does share the same or similar PCB, chassis should be about the same too, so if you wanted a custom cabinet, you may be able to order one from Mesa but confirm if it is same chassis foot print. They may be able to accommodate if the price is right for custom cabinetry. Maybe I will look for a good deal on a custom Lone star and swap cabs if they are compatible. Dang it, now I have to look and see for myself.

Back