Was going to buy RA-100

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The RA100 shell is a bit on the huge side, it could have been made smaller but that would not reduce its weight by much. I was worried the head would not fit on a slanted cab. It does not matter how large or small it looks to me either, just as long as it performs well and does the job for many years down the road.

Also I was tying to be funny, but having no sense of humor does not do me any justice.

Your caster comment made me smile.

I would expect that getting rid of the attenuator, two bottles with with slightly smaller iron and shortening the cab and chassis would cut 4 to 5kg. That would make carrying the RA-50 up a few flights of stairs so much more tolerable. The Stiletto Ace head does weight about 5kg less than RA-100. I do like the Ace, if it's clean channel was as good as the RA, ED or LS I'd be using one.

There has never been a moment that I did not enjoy playing though the RA100. I would agree that the guitar does make a difference. I have several to choose from and there are a few that just ring out the right flavor of this amp.

The following are all Carvin Guitars (actually the only other brand of guitar I own that is not a Carvin would be a Martin 12 acoustic)
Bolt C (SSS loaded with Seymour Duncan Everything Axe pickups), body wood Black Limba with maple top, 5 piece maple and walnut neck with maple fret board. Bolt C (HSS loaded with Lace Sensor Hot Golds), body wood Alder with maple top. Same neck as above. Both would be classified as super strats, probably would not like them as much without the Floyd Rose. CS (similar to Les Paul) mahogany body and neck (more than likely chambered) maple top, ebony fret board. I have also played a friends Mexican Strat and sounded great once you get past the pickup noise. I also have similar DC400 (neck though type strat body, maple neck and walnut body. I personally prefer the bolt neck type guitar though both the RA100 and Roadster.

Generally I play without any effects except for the built in spring reverb. However If I am going to mix this in a project I will use a delay in the loop and on occasion I will also pull out the Mesa 5 Band EQ if that works out.

Latest posts

Back