Midi Controlled Volume

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r33per

Reaction score
So, MIDI fanatics!

This is probably a topic that has been posted a thousand times, but I'd like to control my volume *in the effects loop* of my Triaxis via MIDI. Now, I don't want my expression pedal (on an ART X-15...) to control the TA's master volume, nor do I want it to control the output volume parameter on my TC D-Two. This is because as I change presets the volume level (if I can call it that) changes i.e. if I have the expression pedal half-cocked, that setting does not travel from one preset to the next. Think of it like I want it to act like it is going through a volume pedal without actually having my signal leave the rack.

Therefore, I was thinking about something like the Prostage Remote Volume (http://www.prostage.eu/midi-volume-pedal.html) device. Do any of you have experience with this or any similar kind of product? Obviously if I need corrected about effects-loop volume control in some way, please let me know - every day's a school day...

Stu

I'm using a Dunlop rack wah/volume. I've run the volume both in front and in the loop and haven't needed to mess with anything. It just worked.

With my TC G-Major I can set an internal parameter so the global volume stays where I set it with the expression pedal as I change presets.

Check your D-Two's manual to see if that also applies with that unit.

Dom

domct203 said:
With my TC G-Major I can set an internal parameter so the global volume stays where I set it with the expression pedal as I change presets.

Check your D-Two's manual to see if that also applies with that unit.

Good call... I'll take a peak... Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back