TA-30 and pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moosewayne

Reaction score
Hi Gang.
New member here and this is my first thread other than my intro.

So, after being totally in love with my Mark V for three years, life necessitated I downsize my rig.
The TA-30 was a very close second place when I bought the V, so it was a no-brainer as to what amp I'd go find.
It does 80% of what I used the Mark for.
My plan was to A/B the two amps for a few days and make sure letting go of the V was the right thing to do.

As luck would have it, the TA arrived yesterday and not fifteen minutes after my first chord through it, the V sold via craigslist. THE AMP WAS ON CRAIGSLIST FOR A TOTAL OF 4 HOURS!!!

The good news is the TA is exactly what I wanted. I think we're going to have as good a relationship as I did with the V.

I have a a question for you TA users--what overdrives or boosts are you using?
I'm digging the sounds but I like to have an over-the-top drive on the board for some extra oomph.
Anyone used a TC Spark boost with the TA? How about the Tone Burst?

Looking forward to hearing from you all.
Thanks.

I used all of the following pedals with my TA30 and TA15.
Barber- Launch Pad, Compact Direct Drive, Gain Changer, Compact Tone Press, Dirty Bomb
Fulltone- OCD, 69, 70
Timmy
SHO clone
Keeley modded TS9
BSIAB
Bogner Red
Jetter Red Squared
and several others

All worked well with the TA amps. Depends on what flavor you are going for.

With great success:

Xotic BB
Xotic AC
Gristle King
Reezafratzitz
Java Boost
Sex Drive
Liquid Sunshine
OCD

All work great. As previous poster said; depends on flavor you're going for.

Loves the Luxury Drive Boost side of the Gristle King.

I run a Spark Boost in the loop for more volume - works fine. Have not tried it up front for more drive.

Latest posts

Back