James' ADA mq1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I recall right, the rig James used on TBA tour was blending a IIC+ with his parametric EQ with the ADA MP-1 (which used the MQ-1) for his dirty sound. He blended a Mesa Studio Preamp with a Roland JC-120 for cleans, and everything (except the JC-120) was slaved into Mesa Strategy 400 power amps (even the IIC+).

Silverwulf said:
If I recall right, the rig James used on TBA tour was blending a IIC+ with his parametric EQ with the ADA MP-1 (which used the MQ-1) for his dirty sound. He blended a Mesa Studio Preamp with a Roland JC-120 for cleans, and everything (except the JC-120) was slaved into Mesa Strategy 400 power amps (even the IIC+).

How do you know this ?

decker said:
Silverwulf said:

How do you know this ?

From a rig diagram from one of the old guitar mags. I collected a lot of them. Metallica fanboy back in the day here, haha.

Thank you Silverwulf for this answer. Do you have other information like this about the sound of J. Hetfield during the recording of TBA ?

Thanks.

decker said:
Thank you Silverwulf for this answer. Do you have other information like this about the sound of J. Hetfield during the recording of TBA ?

Thanks.

I know I'm kicking a dead horse here, but I see this question pop up a lot. Would there be any interest if I did a "Black Album" tone write up of sorts?

Silverwulf said:
decker said:

Thanks.

I know I'm kicking a dead horse here, but I see this question pop up a lot. Would there be any interest if I did a "Black Album" tone write up of sorts?

I would most certainly be interested. Just joined the board, and find a lot of useful information and ideas to try out. I kinda want to strike a few expired equines myself. Been experimenting with the late 90's tones myself and am enjoying the feel of this tone.

Wow, I started this post ages ago (it seems more than 8 years already!)

I recorded something from the black album http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=68836 using a Quad pre + the ADA preamp.

Latest posts

Back