Pantera

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I was at a Grocery Store the other day with my ear buds slung across my shoulders. While I was paying, the boy bagging my items asked me what band I was listening to and I said "Pantera" to which he replied, "who's that?" I said it was a band from the 90's that played heavy metal. Here in Connecticut there isn't a radio station that plays metal so I see why kids don't know about metal bands. It's over. I was in North Carolina last week and at least they had 105.5 which played Pantera, but here where I live, it's over.

I disagree. The kids just don't know about our old metal bands. They all listen to the internet and share music, even more easily than we did as kids. My son loves Of Mice & Men. We went to their show recently and it was the most fun I'd had in a long time. My daughter listens to a bunch of new metal, some I steered her toward, most she found via friends.

I used to think that rock had died, as it had been decades since I'd heard new rock. Then I got satellite radio, and the metal stations have TONS of great new rock & metal bands. I don't find music on the internet because I'm in my 40's and that is not where I spend my time.

Try Spotify.

I have to agree with what was said about the kids just not having knowledege of hard rock. My neighbors have twin boys about 10 years old. I was checking the mail the other day and one of them said "We heard you playing rock star music today, and it was AWESOME". There is something about a hard driving beat and heavy guitars that will transcend generations, I think.

Back