Pop when switching between channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paw

Reaction score
Tried an Electra Dyne today and switched from clean to HI and it gave off a loud pop. I switched on the front panel, not with a footswitch. Thought that wouldn't happen with a modern amp.

Faulty or user mistake?

I use the dyne almost for 4 years now 1x12 combo version but never experienced an issue like this. Tube problems can cause a lot of interesting behaviour. Also many electrical equipments or issues in the area where you tried it. This amp is a very very sensitive animal!
Try to swap with footswitch as well. Also in a different place, or with a different guitar.

wekiitoedzo said:
I use the dyne almost for 4 years now 1x12 combo version but never experienced an issue like this. Tube problems can cause a lot of interesting behaviour. Also many electrical equipments or issues in the area where you tried it. This amp is a very very sensitive animal!
Try to swap with footswitch as well. Also in a different place, or with a different guitar.

I tried it in a store, and the master was set really high, like 3 o'clock, while the volume was set really low, because I tried to get some more gain. I understood later that I should have done it inversely, but the store was just about to close and I didn't have much time. So the reason may have been that the master was set really high, but the over all volume was just at loud bedroom levels. It got really hissy when the master was turned past 9 o'clock.

I may go try it tomorrow or another day, though, and see if it behaves properly.

PS: It didn't have a footswitch.

Thanks!

I don't get pops with mine, though occasionally I get a little one. Setting for big changes between the modes could well create a tendency to pop. Keeping the master down should help by limiting the gain after the internal switches.

Back