Song demo made with Mark V - Need some feedback!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garithulu

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I recorded a song idea that i have, mainly to look for a drummer and singer, if you guys happen to know one in south florida (boward county - miami) Let me know!!! Besides that i would like to know what you guys think about the song overall and the guitar tone, i don't know how well i did in the mix but I'm learning.

Thank you!!

https://soundcloud.com/garitos-e-thulu/song-idea-1

What mic did you use? Which cab?
I like this song, it has it`s own taste. Petrucci seems to be present here, but it`s more melodic and groovy, less crooked. Guitar tone is a bit too dark and muffled for me. I would say it`s a bit too narrow, maybe using two mics instead of one can help?
You can easily get killer tone out of MKV stack, but you need some expierience to capture it.

Hi Golden1984 Thank you for your feedback, I was about to think that nobody like the song or tone or the mix hahaha.

Thank you!!.

Yea I think the same about the tone is too dark and narrow right now don't like it. I'm using a Two notes Torpedo Live not using any cab or mic cause can't do that where i live :/ people would complain.

I have to work a little bit more on the tone still a lot to do. And yes hehehe Petrucci is on of my main influences with Marty Friedman.

I thought it was done quite well. I actually liked the dark tone you were able to get with the V. Composition was great. I enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing. You have surpassed me by decades as my abilities seem limited and undeveloped (what have I done for the past 32 years?.... well nothing actually).

How many tracks were used to capture the amp? I had found using more than two is helpful (one stereo, and a few mono panned to taste) several mics with different characteristics and possibly an attenuator with cab simulation and blended together as well as a condenser room mic placed in a strategic location will add ambience if you find it missing.
Hint (good or bad?), if you have an acoustic drum set in the room that could be a source to capture room ambience from (disengage the snare wires for better results). I am contemplating using the drum kit as a means for room ambience but have not tried it yet as I am still practicing the drum parts of a project. Doubt it will be as tight as your recording. Also I am not a very good drummer either, my guitar and bass work needs to be polished. As long as it is fun to do.....

Mic placement and angle to the speaker can be something to experiment with. You will be amazed what moving the mic will do. I am novice at recording so may not be of any help.

Garithulu said:
Hi everyone!
I recorded a song idea that i have, mainly to look for a drummer and singer, if you guys happen to know one in south florida (boward county - miami) Let me know!!! Besides that i would like to know what you guys think about the song overall and the guitar tone, i don't know how well i did in the mix but I'm learning.

Thank you!!

https://soundcloud.com/garitos-e-thulu/song-idea-1

Sounds great man!

I'm a novice myself so can't comment on mix, apart from that it sounds there's quite a bit of bass coming through. Composition is fantastic! Absolutely loved it. What settings did you use on the amp? I use the torpedo reload but rather than using the two notes preloaded IR's I use my own and ownhammer's Mesa pack which I quite like. What sim you using in the Torpedo Live?

Back