DC Mods that are easy to do!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I usually use Silver Mica caps in place of the ceramics.
I've never replaced all of them in an amp though, only the ones in the preamp signal path.
I have a DC-3 that is still a little raspy. I should try this!

I did add a choke to the DC-3, what a difference that made in warmth, bass, and sustain!

Which brand of Styroflex caps did you use?

Monsta-Tone said:
I usually use Silver Mica caps in place of the ceramics.
I've never replaced all of them in an amp though, only the ones in the preamp signal path.
I have a DC-3 that is still a little raspy. I should try this!

I did add a choke to the DC-3, what a difference that made in warmth, bass, and sustain!

Which brand of Styroflex caps did you use?

hi Monsta, i use KS-431 630v one philips or malory's one!

on my dc5, i just replaced ceramics caps of the tone stacks of clean chanel "btween v1a v4b" 250pf and 2nf, jack's bright cap 120pf, and the two tone stacks "v2a v2b " and after "v3a" of lead chanel both 500pf!

i left all other amp ceramics caps or mica caps around !

good luck experimenting!

i'm trying to get a Output trainee , not from mecury magnetics , too expansive, would like to find something cheaper!

bough this too, from a Uk pal , works great, my cables were dry

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171653944352?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

P

:D Thanks! I'll look into those.

Allen Amps has some really good Heyboer transformers. He has one with multiple taps that is meant as an upgrade for a Fender Pro Reverb that sounds incredible! I think it's under $100.
www.allenamps.com

Monsta-Tone said:
:D Thanks! I'll look into those.

Allen Amps has some really good Heyboer transformers. He has one with multiple taps that is meant as an upgrade for a Fender Pro Reverb that sounds incredible! I think it's under $100.
http://www.allenamps.com

Thx i'll get a look!

made lil changes on both clean and lead chanels tone stacks , i yanked out all 0.022 715p , i get better creammy mediums with 225p or 6ps 600v, kept 0.1 bass 715p, brings tighder clearer bass !

a must try !

experimented 33uf F&T and also TAD caps, but nothing come close of the 30uf filter sprague atom with the dc5, so they are back, bizare filter caps brings so different feelingsd, isn't ?

P

Monsta-Tone said:
Not needed at all. I usually remove the pot and add an adjustable negative feedback or mid boost or something cool......Even a plastic plug in the hole is better than a knob I'll never use....
Thank you for helping to point out what should have been obvious to me. Now once I get this converted to serial maybe I'll finally find a delay pedal that "sounds right" to me.

Latest posts

Back