TA-15/30 RA 100 DISCONTINUED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voodoo Child77

Reaction score
Sadly Mesa has confirmed that all three amps are now discontinued while doing a Q&A with Premier Guitar via Facebook.

I read this as well, super bummed that the Royal Atlantic is going away. It's so underrated. But I can respect Boogie to re focus on what they have done best in the past with the Rectifier and Mark series. I'm glad they experimented with Brit style amps, and I hope that they continue to innovate outside of the staple lineup while remembering what got them where they are.

Just heard about this as well. Really surprising, but then again I guess not...they're British voiced amps have always seemed to be a bit polarizing since they're not typical Mesas. Guess I'll hang onto my RA for a while now.

I guess its to be expected.In the UK the royal atlantic was only really stocked when it was first released.There wasnt much demand for the atlantics by the looks of it.Shame really as I had my eye on a royal atlantic for a while.Sounded incredible on all the vids.Was never able to find one to try out bar on ebay, and with customs and shipping it was always too risky to buy it before trying.Ended up with the mark v instead.No regrets but ive always had a soft spot for the royal atlantic.Wonder what they have in the pipeline?

The line just happened to be about perfect for me. My TA-15 ended my amp search, and that's pretty cool. It also convinced me to buy my first Mesa Boogie amplifier. Still all signs point to me being in the minority for the lineup, but the TA-15 in particular has an interesting feature set and reasonable price for a US made lunchbox style amp. Mesa's other small amps are probably doing enough for them though. They are in an enviable position of being successful at making amps with their own signature sound.

I could understand why the British wouldn't be interested in an American company's take on their sounds but over here in the US I would have thought this to be a bigger hit, and maybe the 15 was, I dunno. At least they gave it 5 years and there will be the used examples to choose from.

I hope there is a V2 coming out. I was getting ready to sell my TA15 because after saying so publicly so many times, I got two anonymous "there will be a V2" messages here and at TGP. I figured sell it now to fund the new one as soon as it's released.

But now there are some saying that the latest indications are that there will not be a V2. I hope they are wrong. I think the TA15 is close to greatness! I love it and seriously, even with just a loop, it would be a "never sell it" amp along with my V25. I really think that putting the right speaker with each voice really shows just how good these amps are! I've been in "Hi1 with a greenback" mode for over a week now. Rocking my Fulltone 69, 70 and OCD, Timmy, SHO clone, and just ripping some classic Marshall stuff. The 5 watt mode is so rich and full and doesn't blow your brains through the back wall when you hit a chord. Really love this amp.

I've been going through the amps lately to decide what to keep. V25 is a no brainer. Not going anywhere! Of the other two, the Mini Rec as good as it is, is the one I'd sell, and keep the TA15. I'll miss the crap out of the loop because I likes some verb, chorus and delay in the loop when I'm doing "Big Hair Night." :lol:

PLEASE do a V2!

Just for kicks I looked at the Mesa site, I would almost believe the obsolescence of the RA100 not be true since due to the changes made to the Royal Atlantic pages. Perhaps it is just a tribute to the amp but almost appears it will be still available. Is it just a rumor or is it fact?

"The TA and RA lines are being discontinued. Our R&D team is always hard at work to innovate and develop new and exciting products. Thanks!" - Mesa Boogie

Wow, I just bought a TA-30 1x12 combo and the amp has already gone out of production?...sigh. This is my first Mesa and I loved the amp when I played it at a local dealer.

I'm a "Brit-sound" guy and I currently play a Vox AC15 with an Alnico Blue internal speaker and a Greenback extension cabinet.
I love the fact that the TA can do the Vox sound so well and yet, so much more. Indeed, the TA-30 is perhaps the most versatile amp I've ever stumbled across.

Oh well, at least my warranty is good for five years and I'm sure Mesa will continue to support me/us down the road.

--Pangloss

I was about to pull the trigger on a custom covered TA-30 combo when I read the news. Big let down.

Voodoo Child77: I don't see the discontinuance to be a reason not to buy a TA-30. The warranty is still good. Try one...most Mesa dealers still have them in stock. Personally, I was blown away when I demoed this amp and I'm very glad I bought mine.

"I am still considering one. I was just looking forward to my first custom order."

Ah, I got ya. I got a custom color TA-30 from The Guitar Sanctuary in Texas but I didn't custom order it. They just happened to have a Cream Bronco 1x12 combo with Black Jute grille and I liked the look.

I love my RA, but I can see why they cancelled it.

Mesa's already got several Swiss Army knife amps, and the RA doesn't look like one from the front but it's actually complicated as ****. The RA's big selling point was Multi-Soak, which I don't think they ever really got around to explaining how to use - there's a reason there's one for each channel, and that's the reason the amp's so complex. You can't dial in a sound and then just use Multi-Soak like a master volume. They're volume controls, sure, but more importantly they are tone controls. And I think a lot of players don't understand that you just can't get the "loud" sound without blowing some air through a good cab and some speakers. Hi on the RA with the soak up all the way sounds good through a little 1x12, and I have had many a pleasant evening of wailing with a doobie and just that setup, but it doesn't sound or record like a Loud Amp.

As well, the reverb and fx loop just didn't work as well as they should on a big-name amp in the 21st century, and there's a switch for 6L6 but I never got the amp to sound anything besides awful with them. Since Mesa's perfectly capable of making good reverbs and fx loops and multi-tube power sections, I am guessing that there's challenges from Multi-Soak that they can't fix without compromising something else. I personally would be perfectly happy not even having any of these options, but it would lessen the curb appeal for a lot of guys.

I really like the sounds I get out of mine but I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it (IIRC I was at $2300 Canadian all in, I bought the first one in Ontario or Quebec for sure and probably the first one in Canada) again. Helluva bargain at $1200, though.

I absolutely love my TA15. It is my favorite amp and I have owned a truckload of amps. I really like my mini rectifier but the TA15 just has something really special to it. I am currently looking for a TA30 head for the loop and reverb and will probably keep both. With the amp really pushed in the 5 watt mode ,no master on the ac side it rocks and also cleans up so well. I really ,really hope they do an updated version. The TA's really are a great giging amp. Please guys roll out some new Atlantics.

Back