Mesa Boogie MK II C+ 60 Watt Info / Opinions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Duderino

Reaction score
Hi Boogie C+ Fans!

I was wondering what you expert opinion on a stripped down real 2C+ 1X12 combo no EQ or reverb sounds like. I have had 2 real C+ fully loaded combos in the 90's (stolen) with simul-class EQ & reverb and they really sounded good and I used the simul-class almost always. I don't play metal. I'm an old guy now (55) and just like cranking out blues rock leads and Beck Blow By Blow era stuff and was wondering with a Tele-Gib w/ JB / Jazz pup combo will I get that sweet souring lead tone without simul-class or reverb? I don't want a harsh type tone. Maybe I remember my C+ tone with rose colored glasses but I can't get seem to get that tone with my loaded simul Mk III red stripe or all the vintage Fenders I have with pedals. I want to plug in and go like I use to with no effects. Maybe someone here owns a stripped down 2C+ and can chime in. Thanks & much appreciated! :D

I think you will love it. The 60 is a bit darker than a simul, but the clean is very nice and organic, not at all sterile as a MKIII. The lead is very nice as well.

I think you will love it. The 60 is a bit darker than a simul, but the clean is very nice and organic, not at all sterile as a MKIII. The lead is very nice as well.

tony777 said:
+1 The 60 watt C+'s don't get the love they deserve. I've had one for about 2 weeks now and I couldn't be happier with it. I can get a sweet singing sustaining tone with the 60. I bought it because I couldn't pass it up for the price but it's a keeper because of the tone. I also think you will love it.

I've had a IIC+ with reverb and no EQ for 20+ years.Im also not a metal player,into blues,classic rock,Santana type lead tones.I love what I get out of it.I find a 5751 in V1 and V3 positions really goes a long way to getting rid of the harshness when driven hard.Makes it more "thick and creamy" while keeping a strong sustain.I also installed an adjustable bias pot to get those power tubes cooking just right.

I just found this video of a new Popsong with a nice blues-rock tone.

The guy plays a 1955 Les Paul converted to 1958 Pafs with a Mesa Boogie MK IIc+

Cool sound. I just heard this typical heavy sounds of MK IIC+ at you tube.

https://youtu.be/KwrGsnMA9KM

I love my MK II C+ SRG Combo. I would probably miss the graphic equalizer but you can always get the Mesa Boogie equalizer pedal and run it through the effect loop.

The Sample settings are good starting points:

148378366.jpg

Back