stupid question of the day

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thinskin57

Reaction score
naturally i understand that you never turn your amp head on without a speaker cab attached, but what about standby? i had my Orange amp in standby mode for a good 15 minutes and luckily i caught the fact that my cable wasn't hooked up before taking the amp out of standby. i'm pretty sure this didn't hurt the amp whereas it was only in standby mode, but i just want to be sure.

Yep. No chance of damage not having a speaker plugged in on standby.

Why is there always one sock left without its matching sock when you do the laundry?
How did that guitar pick get in this load of socks and undies only?

stupid enough for ya?

This is one amp technician (used to be an electrical engineer) actually gigged with two different speaker cabinets filip-flopping (footswitch) between the two speaker enclosure playing live gigs, one for solo / one for rhythm or dirty or clean.

I asked if that can hurt the amp. He said no, it is such a short time the amp won't get hurt.

Stupid question of the day : "If vampires can't see themselves in a mirror, then how does Dracula shave himself?"

Back