Mark V Static Sound on Every note

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try. Do you have a recommendation? (I stopped using pedals when I bought the MarkV)

My friend was using a Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor.

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=151&ParentId=262

I'll give it a try. Boss builds pedals like tanks and they are pretty reasonable used on Reverb and eBay.

I hope that will work because I am not playing through the effects loop at all today.

I'll give it a try. Boss builds pedals like tanks and they are pretty reasonable used on Reverb and eBay.

I hope that will work because I am not playing through the effects loop at all today.

Try it and see if that will do the trick.
If that's not working, try to connect the NS-2 like this:

Gtr -> Input (NS-2)
Amp (Fx Send) -> Return (NS-2)
Amp (Fx Return) -> Send (NS-2)
Output (NS-2) -> Amp input

If this pedal doesn't work, then you can try Rocktron Hush pedals or ISP Decimator pedal.

2B

I don't think the fx send level will have any effect that give this background noise. More likely a cable or a flatcable that is lying to close to the circuit board or to close to the tube sockets.

2B

2B- I have one thing that is loose, one of the power tube leads is broken off and I can't get it out. Maybe that is the culprit. Everything else, in my estimation, is secure.

Hello MarkV!

That could be one issue to the problem. Can you see which of the leads that is brogen, or can you take a picture of it?

MarkV said:
2B- I have one thing that is loose, one of the power tube leads is broken off and I can't get it out. Maybe that is the culprit. Everything else, in my estimation, is secure.

Yeah...

Make sure those needle nose pliers are insulated!

Thanks everyone for your input. I now have case closed! I sent the amp in for warranty work to Mesa and they did an outstanding job.

It turns out the static sound was caused by the footswitch cable going bad.

As much as I hated to send my beloved amp in, I am glad I did. My amp sounds great again and the Mesa customer support was top notch.

Back