Is Mesa coming out with an updated new model of the TA-15&30

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmontgomery

Reaction score
I've read the rumor in a few different forums and I've noticed that the TA-15 is out of stock in many stores that usually keep some in stock. Like Humbucker and Sweetwater.
What have you guys heard from the rumor mill on what's coming and about when?
I'm wanting a TA with a quiet loop for my Tele amp.

I sure hope so! I've heard them too. In fact, since I hope they are listening, I've spread the rumor as well! LOL I love my TA 15. But I would sell it in a heartbeat and buy the new one if...
1) it had effects loop
2) it had full B/M/T tone stack
3) it was less noisy

Sell this for $999, and I'm in.

some other things could make it even more appealing, like verb, perhaps improved channels, etc. I think the Vox settings are killer on these amps! But the Vox is the least important voices of the 5 for me. I really really like all three modes in channel 2. If they improved each a little bit, (and maybe just adding the full tone stack might be enough of an improvement) this would be a sure thing "never sell it" amp for me. It's close now. I think the guys who sell it short are not giving it enough speaker options to thrive. I find the Vox and Tweed channels are great with my Alnico Red Fang. Hi1 (Marshall) sounds best, and most Marshall-like, with a greenback or Private Jack, and Hi2 sounds most boogie like with a V30. (Although, mixing in the Red Fang with another speaker sounds great on all 5 voices!).

There is one thing that would make this amp MUCH more appealing, and RS has said that at the time at least, it wasn't doable. Make the amp be able to switch from Tweed to Hi1 or Hi2. Because of the way he laid out the channels, he said Tweed couldn't be over on C1 where you could footswitch, but just read the 9000 threads at The Gear Page about "Fender cleans/Marshall crunch" and you'll know how popular this would be if he could pull this off in an update!

They may need to make it a little bigger in order to get it quieter and THAT'S OK! Tone is more important that having it be so tiny.

That said, a TA15 with full B/M/T, verb, quieter and a footswitchable 5 band... Now you can price it a little less than the V25 and probably have a second massive hit. Or, you could drop 2 6L6s in it instead and at $1299 you couldn't build them fast enough. But the model lately seems to be small/EL84 based so I'm not keeping fingers crossed for big glass (although that could be a "next gen" thing for down the road a bit!).

I'd like to see it in the Mark25 head shell layed out with two rows of controls. I'm fine with the two channels modes as/is if that's only way they can do it. Just add a quiet loop.

I played my TA15 with my PRS NF3. That combination can do so many KILLER tones it's sick. Jazzy, voxy, spanky, hard rock, boogie, and even metal with the the Timmy slamming it. If they can improve on this amp AT ALL, it's an automatic purchase.

Love the tones, but since I get all my gain from the amp and I always use reverb and delay, I have to have an FX loop. Have to.

Truly Great amps. I hope they do a V.2 . The only thing I would like to see on the TA15 is a loop.

Latest posts

Back