On my new mini recto there's no fx loop switch on the back?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guitar137335

Reaction score
Hi.
I noticed there's no fx loop or hard bypass switch on the back of the amp as they have on images. Is it a older model or newer one? Or is it even real?!?
Thanks.

Looks about right to me…
http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Rectifier_Series/Mini_Rectifier_25/mini-rectifier-rear-panel.jpg

It is an unofficial Version II of the mini recto's, but yes they did take it off since most people kept it on anyway and I also think there might have been an issue.

New mini rectos do not have an fx loop switch on the back; mesa eliminates them to make it more practical.

If you do not plug in cables on those inputs, the fx loop is off. And vice versa, If you do plug in cables on those inputs, the fx loop will be engaged, as simple as that. I have confirmed my statement with the mesa guy´s

Cheers \m/

siggy14 said:
It is an unofficial Version II of the mini recto's, but yes they did take it off since most people kept it on anyway and I also think there might have been an issue.

There hasn't been a version change...it was done to simplify the loop and also bring consistency with the Recto-Verb 25. Thanks!

Authorized Boogie said:
siggy14 said:

There hasn't been a version change...it was done to simplify the loop and also bring consistency with the Recto-Verb 25. Thanks!

Well technically it is a revision and that is why I said unofficial revision change, when it comes down to it you had to revise the board to not have a switch, however tone was not changed etc.

I do not see how it brings consistency with the Recto-verb 25, from the layout I have seen I am pretty sure they use different boards since the recto-verb has a bigger foot print and also reverb.

Back