December 8, 2004 - ten years gone!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markedman

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I got to see him in Hartford on December 3rd, 5 days before he died. My second favorite guitarist after Hendrix. I'm shaking just writing this. "Damageplan" was alternating the headlining spot with "Shadows Fall" and since Shadows Fall is from the area, they were the headliners that night which meant Dime was on stage earlier. He just got new Krank amps and was demoing them about an hour before the show talking to us in the crowd while the drum tech kept everyone full of 7&7's, including the crowd. I was the DD that night so I actually remember it a little better than I normally would. Dime engaged the crowd as if he knew us both before, during and after the show. During Shadows Fall's second song Dime came running out on stage like a little kid with "silly string" spraying it everywhere, including Brian Fair's knee length dreds, "I'll be picking this out of my hair for two years," and pouring full beers over Johnny's head! R.I.P. Dimebag, your spirit lives on & on in me. The show where he was killed was picked up last moment because Hartford was the last scheduled show, but Dime said they always could pick up a show any night they wanted so they'd fit they're trip home with different places to perform. Dang.

It's still a bummer, but I don't feel he's gone. DIME left us some great music and it feels like yesterday I picked up Vulgar Display of Power as a loner kid in Bloomington, MN.

MesaGod666 said:
It's still a bummer, but I don't feel he's gone. DIME left us some great music.

+1, the man may perish but the riffs and licks never die

Latest posts

Back