The Mark IV thread....!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no thats cool dude... i know of plp using he lead channel as a rhy ..which sounds very very brutal... i use JJ 6l6's at 30 or 70 in an orange cab and it sounds very evry nice..i use channel 2...

Yeah, I like the Lead as a Rhythm channel then just stomp some clean boost to get out front.

Shep said:
how does the mk iv compare to the bogners?

The MkIV hangs with the Bogners. I can't say I prefer one over the other. They all sound great.

However, I run the MkIV through a 1x12 Theile with an Eminence Delta Pro 12A. It is similar in sound to the EVM 12L, but slightly less bright. I use a slight treble boost on the MkIV to manage the flub. Ironically, the treble boost let's me get a fatter sound out of the MkIV. I run the Bogners through a Rectifier 4x12.

I do not like the MkIV thru the V30's; and, conversely, I do not like the Bogners through the Theile.

The cab makes a big difference as does the treble boost.

I like the MkIV enough that I have two. One with all 6L6 tubes and one with EL34 in the outer sockets.

I run both MkIV's in class A pentode.

New MKIV user here. Just got it at the begining of the month. I have been experiementing with my POD XTLive in the loop for effects only. It's been great. I usually set up a patch/patches for a particular song and can play the rhythm dry and then switch to the effects loop for the solo. The POD has an eq pedal/boost and that gives me a nice solo volume boost also when needed. With this rig I can cover alot of bases.

Here's a pic of the rig.

100_0415.jpg

Russ said:
Nice rig..

Who made the extension?

Great bang for buck cabs. They sound awesom. I've got a Vintage 30 paired with a G12h30 and it sounds great. I can also use the rectoverb speaker and have a 3/4 half stack config.

Boogiebabies said:
Nice rig, but there is more flame in that guitar neck than a 4 alarm fire.
What is it?

Everytime I post this pic people want to know what that guitar is. :lol:

It does have a great flame neck. Would you believe me if I told you I paid $250.00 for it. :D :shock:

Yup! The guy said as soon as he bought it, he put them in, so I'll be getting the original 6L6s with almost no play time on them as well. I don't think he had the amp set up correctly for them though.

Back