Choosing a 2x12 speaker for my F-50 Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ericsemk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well, I have a modern metal band and i like bands such as Porcupine Tree, OSI, Opeth, Katatonia... That's my sound. Which speaker do you suggest?

Well my Mark V is in for repair. Odd sound developed the other night and the ch3 light goes out occasionally so its in the shop.

I have a job this coming weekend so I broke out my F30 (yours is an F50). I hooked it up to the two 2x12 vert cabs I got for my Mark V. Very good sounding but just good not great, full and bright but not much mid focus. Mid focus is something I have grown to love in the Mark V. If you know someone with the 2x12 vert. cab. it may be the ticket. Using the amp striaght, no effects it came through with a very creamy warm sound, very big with lots of depth and low end. Cleans were bright and also big. Chorus sounded very nice on the clean but on the drive the chorus didn't work well. The crunch and grind definition went away with the chorus playing rhythm and it seemed to rob both the lows and highs. So basically you would probably not use chorus. I am going to use the setup this coming weekend.

I bought a Harley Benton g212 vintage with two Celestion Vintage 30 at Thomann (http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm). Spectacular price for the quality! The cab is amazing! Those v30 realy made a good job for me :)

Back