Im looking for a chorus pedal. Any recommendations?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the T.C. Electronics chorus/flanger great sound chorus, easy to use, and no need for a power adapter, has it's own power supply. I have two of these.

Vigo1999 said:
Ibanez SC10, they were made by Maxxon (at least the first runs).

woinderfull chorus, can go from subtle to Atlantic Ocean chorus. no volume drop (although they can add a little bright tone to the sound).

they can be found for 30-50 bucks at the bay . . . cost peanuts and you'll be suprised.

that or the CS505 made by Maxxon. mxr type footprint. no volume drop also and wonderfull tone (somewhat warmer than the sc10).

actually i think their circuit boards are really alike.

+1 on the SC10! My Ibanez SC10 has been with me since I started playing seriously. Only pedal I haven't even considered selling. Sounds great, reliable and a bit of a sleeper price wise. Grab one if you can. Very underrated.

TC Corona Chorus; it can be customized to your liking with the Tone Print app. The other cool thing is, you also get several other modulation effects; and you can download or "beam" artist patches straight to your pedal. It sounds every bit as good as their Stereo Chorus Flanger, which has been THE chorus of choice for top session cats for the last 30 years.

http://www.tcelectronic.com/corona-chorus/

I bought the Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Delay and it has a beautiful and unique chorus effect when on it's shortest settings with no loss in volume. The delay sounds amazing too.

I use the T.C. Electronics chorus/flanger great sound chorus, easy to use, and no need for a power adapter, has it's own power supply. I have two of these.

TC Corona Chorus; it can be customized to your liking with the Tone Print app. The other cool thing is, you also get several other modulation effects; and you can download or "beam" artist patches straight to your pedal. It sounds every bit as good as their Stereo Chorus Flanger, which has been THE chorus of choice for top session cats for the last 30 years.

+1

I've been trying new tones via "tone print" with my tc electronic Corona chorus. What a great feature tone print is. Just choose a type via the phone app and presto, a completely new chorus.

If you only need chorus for a light effect, not your main sound or to add texture here and there then the little Sonicake analogue cloud chorus is great. Don't let the low price fool you, this thing sounds mint for the money. Why go crazy on boutique pedals if it's just something you'll use here and there, the percentage improvement isn't worth the cash IMO.

A Chorus is an effect that is basically a short delay (not as short as a flanger but also not as long as a delay). This means that you can Chorus effects not only from pedals that say "Chorus" on the label but also from Flangers and Delays. My Boss BF-2 (Flanger) can do Chorus sounds if I set the regen control low and also the rate setting to a longer delay time. My Diamond Quantum Leap (primarily a Delay) has a Chorus function on it, too but I prefer the modulation on the delay for that.

Very true darkbluemurder. Andy Summers always had my all time favorite "chorus" sound & I believe it was done with an EHX Electric Mistress flanger.

Just curious OP but after about 4yrs of originally posting this did you in fact find a chorus you liked?

Back